• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits play?

Fred and Lils mum

Warren Scout
I have read on here about rabbits and owners playing....When i got my 2 rabbits i thought they would play together and run after each other in the garden. I find all they really do is look for food and snuggle together. I love them to pieces and just wondering if im going wrong somewhere. They have the freedom of the garden and our home but certainly dont come to us to play they just hoping they will get some food off us. :?

They tend to be more active at dawn and dusk. A lot of people say theirs are most active at about 4 am :roll:

My girls are a right lazy pair, only time they are every animated is when they get fed!

All rabbits are different :) they are awake when we are asleep generally though. I can hear Poppy (who is seemingly lazy in the day) speeding around at 5 in the morning p!

My pair prefer each others company, they don't 'play' but they have fun. Poppy likes to play, she throws things around if I put them in front of her and she will jump on me and groom me. Leo will lie down for fuss but if you stop he sits on the opposite side of the room :)

It's nothing wrongs just their own personalities. Same as humans, rabbits would be a bit boring if they were all the same:p

All rabbits are different :) they are awake when we are asleep generally though. I can hear Poppy (who is seemingly lazy in the day) speeding around at 5 in the morning p!

My pair prefer each others company, they don't 'play' but they have fun. Poppy likes to play, she throws things around if I put them in front of her and she will jump on me and groom me. Leo will lie down for fuss but if you stop he sits on the opposite side of the room :)

It's nothing wrongs just their own personalities. Same as humans, rabbits would be a bit boring if they were all the same:p

Thats true....we've only had them around 10 weeks so probably will let us do more in time. They will let us stroke them on their terms but wont come to us unless food is on offer. :)

Mine like to play when I'm trying to clean :roll: Today Nutmeg decided to play 'jump on the human's back' while I was on my hands and knees sweeping up with a dustpan and brush.

Mine used to run around and play lots!
Now they just snuggle and sleep! The only time there interested in anything is if there's food about!!

Back