• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi question re swollen eyelids

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
One of Mulberry's eyelids is so swollen the eye is more or less shut. This only got so bad in the last week or so. She's having fucithalmic acid in it daily. Any idea how long till it goes back to normal? There are several nodules very close to it but she's now on week 5/6 of her nodular myxi... :?

Any advice much appreciated :wave:

I don't know, sorry. Josie didn't have swollen eyelids, luckily. Hope someone else can answer. Sending lots of vibes for Mulberry xx

Has the Vet checked her actual eye in the last few days ? The nodules could have scratched her cornea causing a corneal ulcer.

Has the Vet checked her actual eye in the last few days ? The nodules could have scratched her cornea causing a corneal ulcer.

Hmm..she saw her earlier in the week.... the nodules are above and below her eye but I wouldn't think they were near enough to scratch it.... It looks like that aspect of myxi "coming out" slightly belatedly, but it is only on that side. Would an ulcer cause the eyelid to swell? Sounds like she needs to go back to vets... :?

Thanks Captain Helen and Jane :wave:

Hmm..she saw her earlier in the week.... the nodules are above and below her eye but I wouldn't think they were near enough to scratch it.... It looks like that aspect of myxi "coming out" slightly belatedly, but it is only on that side. Would an ulcer cause the eyelid to swell? Sounds like she needs to go back to vets... :?

Thanks Captain Helen and Jane :wave:

Yes, especially if there is a load of pus under it

Back