• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Playhouse!

Natty123

Warren Scout
Hi :wave:
So I have just won this..http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281011426613?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 on ebay, it was such a bargain! I am now planning on what to do with it. I haven't litter trained my bunnies because they have been on soil most of their lives and the cage is very easy to clean out. What type of flooring could I use to cover the base of the playhouse? I was thinking lino, but if they do pee and poop on it would it rot? :? Also, I am not sure how to seal the edges down as some of my rabbits used to use litter trays when they were on paving slabs and still do their 'business' in the corners of the cage. I think it might be quite hard to litter train 8 girls though :oops:

Hi, It looks great. I've just converted a 4ft playhouse and I used lino on the floor, I also got some of the silverbacked underfloor stuff to go under it and I sealed the edges with bathroom sealant. If I had had more time I would have put edging along the sides for a neater look.
how big are your bunnies? I have a large male and tiny female and I think the playhouse just fits them with the 8ft run attached but 8 might be a bit tight.

Oooh do you think I could see a photo please? :D And the bathroom sealant, would it be safe if the bunnies had a nibble at it? My bunnies are terrible chewers (going to line the playhouse with plywood) they once chewed up a treat ball somehow :oops:

Also, the playhouse is an addition, they have a 3ft hutch (I know, I know..it's too small, I purchased it before I knew about RU) and a 4ft x 2ft dog kennel I got from freecycle :thumb:

If your rabbits aren't litter trained they will possibly go everywhere so bare that in mind when you come to put floor covering down. The corners are the worst areas.

Back