• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@h insurance Not paying FUMING UD

Snow-White

Mama Doe
Im having such issues with P@H insurance they keep sending letters out saying they couldnt get hold of our vets for more information on poppetts claim.
Our vets have sent them everything as have every other vet she has ever seen their is nothing else we can give them.
Everytime we have had a letter we have spoke to the vet who has rung them and sorted it, only for us to recieve another letter stating that they havent heard from the vet..

its a stupid circle thats going nowhere.
they did this with Brian and agin with Manfred.
only when Brian and Manfred passed over did they settle the claim..
:(

im thoroughly fed up with them they have been nothing but useless.

Last edited:
how annoying id pass the nfo on to head office about the trouble its causing you and your not happy with it

I would definitely write to them too - perhaps enclosing copies of the documents they requested from your vet and sending it recorded delivery so you have proof that they have received it.

It does sound as if you have been unfortunate for whatever reason (will your name/pet name/address details be identical for the vet and insurance, it's not something daft like that or your vet is sending stuff across without an address or reference listed so they can't link it to your claim at the other end?). I remember when you posted a few weeks ago about the trouble you were having, my heart sank as at the time I was about to put in a claim with pah for one of my cats..but now mine is all paid out already and you're still struggling, so it does sound as if it's been an unfortunate series of events rather than a deliberate thing on their part. My experience of claiming with them has been far easier and quicker than with any other insurer I have had - so hopefully if you do write and complain, they should take it seriously.

I would definitely write to them too - perhaps enclosing copies of the documents they requested from your vet and sending it recorded delivery so you have proof that they have received it.

It does sound as if you have been unfortunate for whatever reason (will your name/pet name/address details be identical for the vet and insurance, it's not something daft like that or your vet is sending stuff across without an address or reference listed so they can't link it to your claim at the other end?). I remember when you posted a few weeks ago about the trouble you were having, my heart sank as at the time I was about to put in a claim with pah for one of my cats..but now mine is all paid out already and you're still struggling, so it does sound as if it's been an unfortunate series of events rather than a deliberate thing on their part. My experience of claiming with them has been far easier and quicker than with any other insurer I have had - so hopefully if you do write and complain, they should take it seriously.

A much more helpful post than mine!

A couple of weeks ago about animal care in store. Probably another company for insurance but it has their name on it

Oh of course for some reason I read this thread wrong and thought it was about petplan :oops::oops::roll: I was wondering why MissFloppyEars was having problems too as petplan in my experience are always quick to settle a claim.

Have you written to them setting out all the facts - ie dates your vets phoned them with the information etc?

nope asking the OH to help this weekend im useless at this sort of thing.
:cry:

I dont understand it we have rung them numerous times asking what extra infor they want/need and provided it :evil:

Finally Heard back from them today after sending all the necessary details by recorded delivery......

Same letter again saying they haven't recieved everything..
what gets worse is when our vet contacted them they told her they have rejected our claims..
which means that instead of telling us they have rejected the claims they have strung us along each time.
So we now owe our vets £598 and we could have avoided any debt if they had just told us in the first place.
More to it they could have told us on the one of many many phone calls to them and saved us all this bother :evil:

I'm having bother with P@H insurance as well. Didn't really want to go with them but they were the only company to insure buns over 5. It looks like we're both having the same bother as they've claimed my vet hasn't sent them documents too.

We're just cancelling our remaining policy with them, really hope you can get something sorted. :(

Its a nightmare,we have had this now since July. just one thing then another. They havent give us a reason and now i have rung them and they have said they just closed the claim, so why did they tell the vet they rejected?
So so so agry, now they want written conformation that she was dumped on our doorstep, and the date she was dumped :roll:
why they need this i don't know :roll:
Im insuring the other 5 with Petplan, this takes the mickey:evil:

If it was me I'd ask my vet for a copy of the info they require - medical history etc (there is a checklist if you download the claim form of their website) and resend it myself recorded delivery. Then when they claim not to of recieved it you can say yes you did, so and so signed for it on whatever date.

If they are rejecting the claim can you ask them to explain in more detail.

You could scan and email it to insuranceclaims@petsathome.co.uk if you use outlook or similar you can request a read receipt and delivery notification.

Last edited:
I'm having bother with P@H insurance as well. Didn't really want to go with them but they were the only company to insure buns over 5. It looks like we're both having the same bother as they've claimed my vet hasn't sent them documents too.

We're just cancelling our remaining policy with them, really hope you can get something sorted. :(

I am in an identical position too. P@H again, had to go with them for exactly the same reason.

My problem is that they don't seem to communicate with me so I have to keep calling up to check the claim, and there always seems to be something missing, but my vet has sent everything already. If they would call me or send a letter to me telling me what is outstanding, I can chase it up, but they closed the case once because the correct information hadn't been sent. I was very cross because no-one had asked me or my vet to send anything else!

I feel a bit like I'm between a rock and a hard place because I can't insure my buns anywhere else, but I'm really not having a good experience with p@h :(

Back