• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For the rescues: Trixie 150 indoor cage to give away

dutchbunny

Mama Doe
Ok I tried to post this yesterday but it never appeared on the for sale page annoyingly.

I wanted to gauge the interested on any bunny charities out there. Since I got Moses and Watson a new home I hope to no longer have need for my Trixie 150cm cage. http://www.therabbithouse.com/indoor/rabbitcages.asp?cage=30

We want to wait and see how things go with their new home for a few days first before getting rid of it, just in case.
But if all goes well, which it should really, we have no need nor space for this beast of a cage and then I much rather offer it to one of the charities out there who may have any use for it.

Ok I tried to post this yesterday but it never appeared on the for sale page annoyingly.

I wanted to gauge the interested on any bunny charities out there. Since I got Moses and Watson a new home I hope to no longer have need for my Trixie 150cm cage. http://www.therabbithouse.com/indoor/rabbitcages.asp?cage=30

We want to wait and see how things go with their new home for a few days first before getting rid of it, just in case.
But if all goes well, which it should really, we have no need nor space for this beast of a cage and then I much rather offer it to one of the charities out there who may have any use for it.

You have to pay a sub and be a 'forum supporter' to be able to offer things for sale on RU :) unless it's for fundraising so that's probably why your post didn't appear?

I'm sure a rescue would like it and will be along soon

You have to pay a sub and be a 'forum supporter' to be able to offer things for sale on RU :) unless it's for fundraising so that's probably why your post didn't appear?

I'm sure a rescue would like it and will be along soon

The thing is, I don't want any money for it at all. I just want it to go to a place where it is much needed.

I just looked and you'd posted in the fundraising section, where posts require approval by a mod - that's why it seemed to disappear. :D

As you're kindly giving the cage away for free to a rescue, rather than selling, then the thread is probably better off in rabbit chat anyway so I'll move this one there. Whereabouts in Kent are you? Somebody may be able to recommend a local rescue that you could contact directly too. :D There's GBH Rescue in Beckenham, but they aren't on the forum.

I just looked and you'd posted in the fundraising section, where posts require approval by a mod - that's why it seemed to disappear. :D

As you're kindly giving the cage away for free to a rescue, rather than selling, then the thread is probably better off in rabbit chat anyway so I'll move this one there. Whereabouts in Kent are you? Somebody may be able to recommend a local rescue that you could contact directly too. :D There's GBH Rescue in Beckenham, but they aren't on the forum.

I am in Orpington. :D

There's GBH in Beckenham and Foal's Farm in Biggin Hill. The other two I know in Kent are nearer Herne Bay way.

I am in Orpington. :D

I'm born and bred in Orpington too (well born in Sidcup and brought up in Orpington) :D. I got Toots from GBH - it's only about 10 miles max from Orpington and I'm sure Jackie Carter, who runs the rescue, would be able to make good use of it as she has most of her piggies indoors. Failing that, I'm going to be in Orpington tomorrow and will be driving back to Milton Keynes very late Saturday evening if anyone in this neck of the woods would like it?

It's actually quite spooky as I've just built a C&C cage for my piggies and my Trixie Rabbit 150 is going to Rainbow Rabbits :D.

ETA - Arggggh - scrap that. Just realised I'll have the dogs with me so I won't be able to fit it in the car. Sorry :(.

I'm born and bred in Orpington too (well born in Sidcup and brought up in Orpington) :D. I got Toots from GBH - it's only about 10 miles max from Orpington and I'm sure Jackie Carter, who runs the rescue, would be able to make good use of it as she has most of her piggies indoors. Failing that, I'm going to be in Orpington tomorrow and will be driving back to Milton Keynes very late Saturday evening if anyone in this neck of the woods would like it?

It's actually quite spooky as I've just built a C&C cage for my piggies and my Trixie Rabbit 150 is going to Rainbow Rabbits :D.

ETA - Arggggh - scrap that. Just realised I'll have the dogs with me so I won't be able to fit it in the car. Sorry :(.

Thank you for the offer. I want Moses and Watson to settle in for a week first before getting rid of the cage. X

Small small world...im from orpington too :) lived in the midlands for years now but still got family down there and go and visit :) my mum sold her flat down there in the high street last year and moved up here :)

Small small world...im from orpington too :) lived in the midlands for years now but still got family down there and go and visit :) my mum sold her flat down there in the high street last year and moved up here :)

Surprising to see so many from this area. I'll have a think tonight as I have been approached by a rehomer for the rspca who can really use it. Not a rescue as such but still someone dedicated to helping buns.

I'll have a think tonight as I have been approached by a rehomer for the rspca who can really use it. Not a rescue as such but still someone dedicated to helping buns.

It sounds like it'll still be put to really good use. :D:thumb:

When I was looking round for bunnies for Mini I noticed that neither RSPCA near Maidstone seems to neuter their rabbits so I tend to swing towards those independents who do.

When I was looking round for bunnies for Mini I noticed that neither RSPCA near Maidstone seems to neuter their rabbits so I tend to swing towards those independents who do.

Fortunately she would use it for the just neutered bunnies.

Back