• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spooked bunny

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
Did anyone elses bun get spooked at about 7.30 this morning?
Benjie was sitting on my bedside table waiting for his cuddle when he thumped 3-4 times then scarpered into his hidey hole & continued thumping for about 8 secs. It was definate danger thumps.
He emerged quite quickly really sniffing the air, ears all alert etc.

Benjie rarely thumps. Absolutely nothing to account for it. When Thumper had an episode like this we were having a minor earthquake. Any earthquakes in the UK folks or any other spooked bunnies?

Yesterday Afternoon / Evening and this morning.

All during electrical storms.

B&G have turned into a stamping duo!

Yesterday Afternoon / Evening and this morning.

All during electrical storms.

B&G have turned into a stamping duo!

Thanks Gray. That makes a lot of sense. Our weather is currently coming from your direction, brilliant sunshine alternating with bitter rain all morning. There could easily be some electrics up there.

I wondered whether we could get a good beat going between the 3 of them - then add some nomming sounds - a rabbit rap!:lol:

Not that I've noticed but mine are downstairs at the moment so I wouldn't have noticed at 7.30am.

Not that I've noticed but mine are downstairs at the moment so I wouldn't have noticed at 7.30am.
Yes, Benjie does quite quiet thumps; mainly for danger but occasionally when cross. Thumper could do pistol shot thumps when he was a baby, & had a vocabulary of 4 different types. Fortunately we found different ways to communicate cos I once counted 8 thumps per hour & gave up at midday:shock:. The pistol shots were to summon me downstairs & always succeeded cos I'd think a fuse had blown, or there was a major problem with my electrics.

I think Gray is right. We've got SW winds, but they were up at low cloud level earlier. We've lost the low cloud , bitterly cold, sunny with very slow moving high cloud.

I hope it doesn't bode ill for fireworks. We'll just have to take a short trip into the countryside if he's excessively frightened.

Funny around 7 15 this morning.
Went to let buns out to free range and
just stayed in their run with that wide eyed look
and sitting to attention sniffing the air.
Not bothered in coming out , usually waiting for me.
We have no foxes in the area so was a bit unsure what was worrying them.
Very strange

Boris often gets frights at nothing that we can see...had one last night at around 8pm...must be sensitive to something in the air.

all fine here, though we had thunderstorms and now torential rain, but the buns aren;t really bothered beng indoors

Thanks for your replies everyone.
Yes, Mollyjoker that's exactly how Benjie was when he emerged from his hidey hole.
It seems that the alarmed bunnies are in the SW. Just wait to see if it happens again.

Here's hoping all your buns are fine over the w/e. :wave:

Back