• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post spay

CwningenBach

Warren Scout
Hello!

Just a few questions...

1) when should we expect Navi to be able to bunny hop as normal? She is mixing it with "walking" at the moment and of course it's understandable! Just curious.

2) When should her normal appetite resume? She didn't fancy her SS this morning. She ate two, though. Then she wolfed down some parsley. Never usually a fussy bun!

3) She's pooing perfectly normally! Not a question... Just delight :p

4) She stayed in bed last night after falling asleep watching TV! Very snug. When I woke up she'd moved next to my head and lay flat out. Lovely bunny. I was worried about whether she could walk this morning but after eating the parsley, she was up and away.

I don't have experience of girlie buns, but from what I've read on other threads since joining RU it sounds as if she is doing well. It really is quite a major op, so it can take several days for some buns to be back to normal.

Hi there. Don't let bunny be too mobile or jump on anything. She needs to be quiet for a week or so to allow the wound to heal properly. Her appetite should be back to normal more or less by tomorrow. Give her some fresh food if she is used to it, as she will enjoy this better than dried food.

That's brilliant, thank you both.

She's confined to the bedroom at the moment and will be for a few days at least (carpeted ather than wood floor) so she can't go anywhere really. For the bed, we've put stuff at the side so it's not a jump.

Definitely right on the fresh food, she loved the (little) parsley she ate. I'll get her some basil later too.

She very occasionally gets a small slice of apple or carrot as a treat. Is it worth doing that to encourage her or would the sugar be bad? She has no excess soft poos and is pooing well?

I guess, but I'd try blackberry leaves instead if you can get hold of them :wave:

I had Doughnut spayed last year.

She didn't want her pellets for a few days, normally she begs for them. Any herbs are good or forage such as bramble leaves, dandelions and also fresh grass.

Because she wasn't in pain she jumped up on the shelf as soon as I got her home! I had to confine her into her hutch for a day so she couldn't bounce around as much. She started eatinga day later but as I said no interest in pellets.

Have you got some pain relief, she had some for about 7 days but I think it's only really necessary for the first few days.

Hello all!

Quick update on Navi.

Generally OK, I think. She's eaten a lot of fresh stuff today, more than she's used to which has resulted in a few soft poos. She's eaten enough today now so I don't have to worry about giving her more; she has hay if she's up to it. She's grooming herself (not the wound, keep checking) and looking brighter than yesterday. She isn't moving around much at all, which may influence the next bit... she isn't drinking enough. Is there anything I can do to encourage her? She is obviously very, very sedentary at the moment when she is normally a nutter so I can understand she isn't as thirsty as usual but I'd still like her to take a few sips.

Thanks for your continued support.

In light of the soft poos I realise this may sound stupid, however... should I give her some SS? She's had a few pellets over the course of today (5 or 6) and I just don't want her to be hungry. Tangled web!

Edit: within seconds, she just ate some hay! One strand, but hay!

Sorry - missed this :oops: - how's she doing now? :wave:

No worries. :)

I decided to give her a few pellets last night and ... she ate them! Soft poos seem to have gone away and I caught her eating some from source earlier! :oops:

This morning I have her her usual pellet amount and she ate half of them... Then polished them off within the hour. She has had good dollop of water today and nibbled some hay too! I think she's recovering well - she is obviously still sore so confined to the bedroom, but she's looking brighter. :)

No worries. :)

I decided to give her a few pellets last night and ... she ate them! Soft poos seem to have gone away and I caught her eating some from source earlier! :oops:

This morning I have her her usual pellet amount and she ate half of them... Then polished them off within the hour. She has had good dollop of water today and nibbled some hay too! I think she's recovering well - she is obviously still sore so confined to the bedroom, but she's looking brighter. :)

Great news. Sounds as if she's over the major hurdles and just needs a few more days to be back to her usual self... :thumb:

Great news. Sounds as if she's over the major hurdles and just needs a few more days to be back to her usual self... :thumb:

Turned my back on her for 10 mins to play with Sherlock (poor boy) to come back to find she had scraped the chocolate off a digestive biscuit. :roll: With chocolate cornflake-gate a few weeks ago, this rabbit, this gorgeous little rabbit, will be the end of me.

Thank you for your all your help recently. I'd probably have gone insane without this forum. :wave:

Last edited:
There are times in life when a girl needs chocolate. ;)

Seriously though, hope she will be OK after her illicit nibbling. Bunnies can be such a worry, bless them, with their naughty ways. :roll:

Seriously though, hope she will be OK after her illicit nibbling. Bunnies can be such a worry, bless them, with their naughty ways. :roll:

Ha! I'm not being complacent, but I'm sure she'll be OK. I have let my guard down because she's not been moving much, it's jolly well back up again now! My fault. I've been living off tea and biscuits because I've been in this room for the last few days. Tsk.

I think that may be the voice of experience.... Not that Spencer EVER does anything naughty.... ;)
Navi may have been browsing the forums for ideas.....

I did find the discarded biscuit next to my laptop... oh god. Rabbit revolution...

pascal012.jpg

'' o wow :shock: i just sneaked in to have a peep to make sure its true :) ''
:wave: hi new mummy to be :wave:

I'm afraid it's inevitable.... :(

Back