• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have the weirdest rabbits...

courtneydayle

Alpha Buck
Bandana has a HUGE sweet tooth. If she smells anything sweet she comes running and begs, nipping if she doesn't get whatever it is I might be eating. Jazz jumps on his box, stands up on his back feet and then high tails it across his pen, knocking over everything. Then he looks at me like I'm the crazy one. Polka might be the only normal one I've got! Lol. Love them all to pieces though!

Sounds completely normal to me!

I agree. It is totally normal for rabbits to be weird and do all kinds of crazy stuff specially when it comes to treats. Julie will go to extremes if she wants a treat and she knows what works with each person and does that with them. She knows if she grabs hold of my socks with her teeth and yanks as hard as possible quite often pulling the sock off my foot that the chances are great that I will drop something. With the OH, the sweet approach works best. She loves on his foot. She knows that he can't resist. Then there is the friend that standing on 2 feet begging works every time. He is a dog person and and the other friend that nothing works on so Julie will not waste her energy even trying with her. :lol:
I'd worry more about Polka if she seems normal.:lol:

Bandana has started coming up very silently and sitting between my feet while I'm on the computer. Nearly stepped on her earlier! But as soon as I look down, she darts off. Jazz is now an interior decorator, redecorating his room all the time. Oh, and Polka flattens out on the ground any time anyone looks at her. She is the most submissive thing I have EVER seen! Even more so than our stupid dog!

It sounds like all 3 have very different distinct personalities. Lucky you to have the best of all worlds.:D

It sounds like all 3 have very different distinct personalities. Lucky you to have the best of all worlds.:D

I love the to pieces! They are all so different! Jazz was running around in circles over and over. Is it normal for a rabbit to have one ear longer than the other? Jazz's right ear is nearly a centimeter longer than his left...

Is the running in circles a recent development? Does he do it frequently or once in a while?

On first hearing it Id say he may have a problem with perhaps his inner ear but I have never heard of a bun with different length ears begore so Ive no idea how this would affect him :?

Is the running in circles a recent development? Does he do it frequently or once in a while?

On first hearing it Id say he may have a problem with perhaps his inner ear but I have never heard of a bun with different length ears begore so Ive no idea how this would affect him :?

No, he's done it ever since I got him. He does it while he binkies. It's his circuts of the room. And I think it was just how he was holding his head.

Back