• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehoming a group of 8 rabbits

XxLeanne

Warren Scout
What are the chances do you think of rehoming a group of 8 rabbits (all live together) in essex?

I'm not sure I just know males are neutered, where two 'female' rabbits that turned into 8, all males have been neutered and they all live together in large accomodation at the moment

They are regular type lops I think

Oh and they have been living together for about a year no problems

Last edited:
I know of a couple were getting rid of a lot of rabbits not long ago, and they had a group of 5. Nobody wanted the group of 5. I offered to take two as I had space but they said they wouldn't let them go separately :S Don't know if they managed to rehome them or not.

So ... a group of 8 would be quite difficult IMO.

A rescue I knew down in Essex managed to rehome a group of six so it is possible but won't be easy.

They arnt human friendly rabbits either, being in such a large group they are just rabbit rabbits lol also there is one aggressive one :/ hmmm I hoped there was help for my friend but I guess they won't be able to stay together

its a huge finanical commitment taking on so many in one go so I can't see anyone being up for it. bad enough finding vet money for 2 or 3 but eight buns is a lot of cash.more then most could find.

That's what I thought but I said I'd ask see if anyone thought it could be a possibility, they get on so well for such a big group it's going to be such a shame to split them up for them :(

Back