• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Concerned for my rabbit eating my cereal!

chicaked

New Kit
Hi all,

The other day I arrived home to find my two 1 year old, indoor bunnies had escaped out of their cage, apart from making a bit of a mess and throwing the content from my coffee table and desk on to the floor, they've managed to attack my cereal box (Cranberry Wheats).

Since then one of them hasn't been eating like he use too! it's like he's lost all appetite, at 1st I thought he was just full but now on to the 3rd day and still nothing, the odd nibble here and there but thats it. his droppings have changed and they are now really small (5mm).

Would appreciate some advice.

Many thanks!

It sounds like your bun is in stasis and needs to see a vet ASAP. If he has eaten and passed any poop in the last hour or so I would be tempted to get an appointment first thing tomorrow.

However if he has stopped eating or stopped pooing then he will need to be seen as a matter of urgency tonight. Buns have the ability to go downhill very very quickly sadly.

Rabbits can be little tinkers for getting into what they shouldn't can't they? :roll:

Thank you for the fast reply.
Well he is certainly pooing still and has just managed to finish of a head of broccoli which has put me at ease a bit. I'll keep an eye on him and take him to see the vet as soon as.

Appreciate your reply!

Back