• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House rabbit or outside/hutch rabbit?

Oscarandlola

Young Bun
Hello,

Just wondering on what you guys think the rabbits will like best? my rabbits will always be house rabbits as i love to watch T.V with them and watch them running around while i can chill out. However seen as rabbits are naturally outdoorsand such. which do you think they prefer? inside a warm house that they are able to raom or outside where they naturally belong?

I think providing they have plenty of space they don't mind. Mine are indoors because it is safer in our area and also it is easier for myself for various reasons, plus they can have more space. They get to go outside during the summer when it's dry and warm and they do enjoy it for a little while but after a while I can tell they want to go back.

Once they are in or out though they need to stay there. Changes in temperature can affect their respiratory system so if they are in you only want to let them out when the temperature is similar and visa versa.

My indoor buns love it indoors, my outdoor buns love it outdoors :lol:

Poppy used to live outside but since bringing her inside she has become so much more active and happier in herself :D Leo is happy with anything really! He used to live outside :roll: but he has more attention in his room, in the summer he has a run he goes into which he enjoys :) It's too cold for him now and will be until sometime next year! :) and Donny & Lola prefer their outdoor life, they were very bored when they were inside after their neuter/spay, as soon as they were outside they changed back into happy binky bunnies :p

I think it depends on the buns.

Mine were kept in a garage at their first home and when I put them outside they seemed to love the fresh air and sunshine.

They do enjoy a hop around inside (i have no central heating at the moment so they're fine switching between house and garden) but I can tell when they're ready to go back out!

Also I think it depends on how much they enjoy human interaction. Those rabbits who do like humans around will naturally enjoy living indoors.

Also I think it depends on how much they enjoy human interaction. Those rabbits who do like humans around will naturally enjoy living indoors.

Agree :D Poppy and Leo adore the fusses :p but Donny and Lola only want fuss on their terms :lol: they prefer each others company :D

:wave:

I have 6 outdoor buns and 1 indoor bun and i love having rosey indoors...she came in as she lost her sister and ended up on her own and was poorly...she has come out of her shell loads now she is indoor :thumb: she used to be very timid and now she comes bounding up to the puppy pen when she sees us coming up the stairs and is up on her back legs noseying around :love:

That said I prefer the buns outside...but I hate hutches and am much prefering the shed setup as its easier for me to go and spend time with them! :love:

Back