• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Speed Dating near Preston?

Having very recently lost our little Barnabunny, we've been keeping his hutch mate Bo as comforted and cuddled as possible, but we know we can't be there for him all the time
They were outside buns and I can't bear the thought of it getting colder without Bo having sonebun to snuggle up to.

I've heard of rabbit rescues that do 'speed dating' for buns to try and find the perfect partner and I really like this idea so I wondered if anyone knows of any rescues near to Preston, Lancs that would be able to do this for us?

Many thanks

Tammy x

So sorry to hear Barnabunny has passed away leaving Bo alone :(

We aren't a million miles away from you and have lots of bunnies at present. We very often have bunnies in to bond :)

Let us know if we can help x

I'm sorry you lost Barnabunny
:( you could try Bunnyhops in Leigh, Kay who runs it is lovely and always has lots of bunnies !
:wave:
Having very recently lost our little Barnabunny, we've been keeping his hutch mate Bo as comforted and cuddled as possible, but we know we can't be there for him all the time
They were outside buns and I can't bear the thought of it getting colder without Bo having sonebun to snuggle up to.

I've heard of rabbit rescues that do 'speed dating' for buns to try and find the perfect partner and I really like this idea so I wondered if anyone knows of any rescues near to Preston, Lancs that would be able to do this for us?

Many thanks

Tammy x

Thanks to you both for replying :wave:
Becky, I've had a look at Walsall's site - completely fallen for Smokey Joe ... not sure how far away it is from us, maybe an hour and a half or two hours? Bo's a bit of a nervous passenger so I'd have to think if he could cope with the journey. If I can't bond with anybun closer though, I'll have a think - all my buns are dentals so I'm aware of the work that goes into them.
I'll def have a,look at Bunnyhops as well, Leigh's not too far, thanks Ripminnie.
I've been out and bought a Snugglesafe and some toys for Bo today ... he chucked the toys away and the pad isn't lovely and squishy like Barnabunny :(
We're moving house in next couple of weeks so will probably look after then, they'll have brand new hutches as well so hope we can offer another bun a forever home.

I got my Inca from Kay at Bunnyhops :) If they are close to you then I would definitely give kay a phone and see what furries she has available.

Kay has, or did have a lovely Dutch girl that has been in rescue for a long time. I tried her with my Gabriel but it didn't work out as Gabriel lost interest in her and started becoming aggressive. She caused no problems at all during the bonding sessions and was so happy to be around another bun. It really upset me that I couldn't offer her a home - it would be lovely if you would consider her.

Thanks everyone!
Defunately going to try and find a new hutchmate for Bo as soon as we're in and settled in the new house, he's just ambling round, looking a bit lost.
I think it will help that we'll be getting new hutches when we move so he won't be as territorial over his home. Barnaby was Bo's brother (long story, Bo is a boy we thought was a girl so he got called 'she' for most of the time, more for distinction and we'd got used to calling him 'her' ... now have to call him 'him' now ... yes, I'm confused too, lol) so we're thinking of trying him with a wifey-bun maybe?
I'll be looking at all these places soon and I'm sure we'll find him a loving partner soon :D

Back