• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please Delete

R.P.B.G.G

Mama Doe
Wills is on his way back to the vets, mum and my sister in law are picking up some buns on the way back so I couldnt go.

His eye was doing so much better,
He was still on antibiotics but it was virtually back to normal, this morning had gone down even more, even my mum (who hates eye problems) said how much better it looked,

Went to the cinema and came back, his eye is like a golf ball, he had thick creamy puss in his eye and all around it, He keeps scratching at the eye,
I cleared away the puss with boiled water and cotton balls, and his eye is really swollen and red, (the flesh around his eye and seems like the 3rd eyelid and gland)

Im gutted, although he will be staying inside the winter, he was practically back to normal, and now this, he has waited until pay day and will probably drain my bank account again, not an issue, but never rains does it!!

Last edited:
How I wish I had gone to the vets,
They are talking about eye removal, I'm so angry, there is nothing wrong with his ******** eye! The puss is coming from the same corner the swelling is in, yet they are saying it is behind his eye,

I'm losing faith in this vet!!

I want a second opinion before anything like that happens!!

My hissy fit on the phone to sister in law paid off,
She put a ga in his eye and had a better look, there is a hole between his 3rd eye lid and tear duct and she thinks the tear duct is infected, she said it feels like there is something in it,
They are keeping him in tonight and are going to put him out tomorrow and have a good look and check all his mouth etc.
And flush his tear duct.

Jane thank you for your continued support through wil being bad,
Hopefully now we will get some answers! And maybe put an end to his bad eye!

Back