• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silly question... when is a bunny... a giant bunny?

CwningenBach

Warren Scout
Our Navi is quite a big bun... but I'm not convinced a giant. What do you think? No idea on breeds but read something about French lop this morning and that got me thinking.

ScreenShot2012-10-30at124410.png

Before and after!

ScreenShot2012-10-30at124426.png

I think French Lops are giant?

I LOVE the before and after picture - reminds me of the film Beethoven for some reason!

I don't know much about breeds, but I reckon she looks pretty big!

I think French Lops are giant?

I LOVE the before and after picture - reminds me of the film Beethoven for some reason!

I don't know much about breeds, but I reckon she looks pretty big!

I love the before/after too! Best app ever. :)

I am not 100% sure she's a French lop, but she seemed to look like it. :) Googling "giant rabbit" doesn't seem to help much, but the sensible image results suggest giants are way bigger than her, but then it also returns results of dog sized bunnies so ... !

Incidentally, after doing more Googling, I'm not convinced she's necessarily a French lop afterall. She looks like the one on Wikipedia, though!

Last edited:
Doesn't look that giant to me but then they all look small compared to my two :lol:

Love the two pics btw she is gorgeous :love:

Doesn't look that giant to me but then they all look small compared to my two :lol:

Love the two pics btw she is gorgeous :love:

I think I'm kinda siding with she's a medium-big bun. The Googley giant rabbits just seem... massive compared. I know there'll be a starting point to "giant" but on reflection, I don't think Navi qualifies! However, when we have her most current weight, maybe that'll answer it once and for all :)

Thanks for comment on the pic - she is definitely a gorgeous girl! Very, very sweet.

Doesn't really help in the is she/isn't she a giant topic, but quick pic of Navi after she has just destroyed our very intricate tunnel system! Tuckered out, now.

photo-2-2.jpg

Moley is a large bunny he is meant to be a "giant" papillion which I don't doubt he weighs just over 4kg not over weight at all but I took him to bunny boarding and there was a proper giant breed- I think French lop just huge same age as Moley at least a 3rd of the size.

Moley doesnt fit in those tunnels pictured with Navi.

A part of me thinks I'm just used to his size now as a friend met him and couldn't believe how big he was :?
ba87158ab74024be052f104e640bbcca.jpg

My bridge rabbit Biscuit looked like yours she weighed about 4.5kilos, it was thought she was probably a german/french cross lop. She was a very grumpy very determined madam who was at least 10yrs old when sadly her back legs just gave up:(.

People used to be amazed how big they both were, to us they were just our bunnies. Our current ones are only about 2k each, the plus being they can share a cat box to the vets:lol:

[I
7923_102361349780959_779105_n.jpg
MG]http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee447/charlotte_preston1/Facebook/The%20Zoo%20Part%201/7923_102361353114292_1599458_n.jpg[/IMG]
Mr & Mrs

Last edited:
My bridge rabbit Biscuit looked like yours she weighed about 4.5kilos, it was thought she was probably a german/french cross lop. She was a very grumpy very determined madam who was at least 10yrs old when sadly her back legs just gave up:(.

People used to be amazed how big they both were, to us they were just our bunnies. Our current ones are only about 2k each, the plus being they can share a cat box to the vets:lol:

I won't lie, that was the only thing I would be worried about if Navi did turn out to be considered a giant, the lifespan is supposed to be shorter! Morbid, I know :p it'll be interesting to get her weight tomorrow. Then we'll know!

Moley is a large bunny he is meant to be a "giant" papillion which I don't doubt he weighs just over 4kg not over weight at all but I took him to bunny boarding and there was a proper giant breed- I think French lop just huge same age as Moley at least a 3rd of the size.

Moley doesnt fit in those tunnels pictured with Navi.

A part of me thinks I'm just used to his size now as a friend met him and couldn't believe how big he was :?

Look at Moley's ears! Amazing. We'll get her weight tomorrow and report back. Quite interested. If she is to be considered a giant, she's a, uh... baby... giant. Or something.

Will be interested on the final verdict on Navi's giant-ness. :wave:

She looks particularly offended when I suggest she's a giant. Her face suggests a response of, "I'm just big boned. Leave me alone". Ha!

Her spay is tomorrow of course so I'll be going to pieces soon! To prevent any grim thoughts, I will stick The Godfather on and count myself lucky she isn't a horse! I'll post tomorrow when it's done. Eeesh.

She looks like a French Lop to me. I have two, they're both 10lb. Navi looks smaller but that might just be because mine are incredibly furry. They definitely aren't giant breeds, that's 12lbs or more, really. But they are big, haha. Perhaps I don't see how big they really are because they just seem like average bunnies to me.

Back