• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oops, poor bunnies!

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
The rabbits have a hole cut in the shed door which I open during the day and shut over night. Normally I put a big stone against the hole so that they don't get out over night and get stuck.

This morning, I went to let them out only to realise that I HADN'T blocked the door and they'd managed to get into the run and not back into the shed! So they were stuck outside all night! :oops::lol: thankfully theres a hutch and water bowl in the run!

probably! :lol: I imagine they'd of liked it much more if they could get into the shed though the daft beasties :lol:

Can they not have access to the run at night for a reason?
I always give my buns plenty of hay and blankets inside yet they choose to sit in the cold, wet run :roll:

I'm a worry wart :oops::lol: there is still a small gap that I'm waiting for my dad to sort. Nothing they can escape from as its about 3/4ft up and my cats can't work out how to get up there but I worry about it at night

I'm a worry wart :oops::lol: there is still a small gap that I'm waiting for my dad to sort. Nothing they can escape from as its about 3/4ft up and my cats can't work out how to get up there but I worry about it at night

I was the same when my bunnies went into their shed and run. I kept getting up in the night to check them.
Someone on here said though it needs to be just as safe during the day from predators so if they're secure in the day should be fine at night.

Did you post finished pictures of their house? Did I miss them?

Georgey did mention there is a hutch in the run so they did have somewhere to shelter and huddle. :wave:

Georgey did mention there is a hutch in the run so they did have somewhere to shelter and huddle. :wave:

yeah, I was just wondering if you'd read the thread! Theres a hutch in the run stuffed with straw, and a bowl of water. Not much hay no but there was some in a plant pot.

Back