• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Dilemma

MichG

Mama Doe
So I found out yesterday that my vet Faye has left her practice and moved to another now I have 3 options but don't know which is best.
I have 11 buns, several of which have special needs and unusual illnesses, of which my vet was always amazing at diagnosing and treating. My 3 options are

1. They start seeing a vet where I work who is pretty rabbit savvy, but the practice is not geared up for exotics particularly and the nurses are not exotic trained (this is the cheapest option!!)
2. They move practices to be with Faye, who now works at a small animal practice, I don't know what they are like bunny wise, but it is 50 mins from my home
3. They stay at the vets they are with now who are the Exotic vets in the area and see a different vet...

I am inclined to go with 3, for several reasons, they are only 20 mins away, they have brilliant equipment, they are the exotic vets and the nurses there are fab. Only problem is none of the other vets there know my buns and all their problems, I know there are notes on the history but it isn't the same, Faye was fantastic and knew so much.

Argh, why is it when you find a brilliant vet they move on :evil:

I think its difficult to just make a snap decision on this.

Personally, i'd go Option 3 for now and weigh up your options based upon their performance and knowledge without Faye in the coming months as you have more experience with them :)

:O where's Faye gone?

she has gone to Stalham vets :?

Thanks Graham, think that is what I will. Seems the most sensible answer for now. The other 2 at all creatures are great vets, I just don't know them so well.

she has gone to Stalham vets :?

Thanks Graham, think that is what I will. Seems the most sensible answer for now. The other 2 at all creatures are great vets, I just don't know them so well.

That's... random. She's not been there long! But thanks. We tend to go to Faye for referrals.

I will reply to your PM when I get a few few minutes. :wave:

I saw Sally-Anne with Grim and Smoo and she was fantastic with both of them. Grim was in a bit of a state too and I know most vets who see him worry about his quality of life but she really picked up on how happy and interested in everything he is.

Back