• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Barnaby Bunny - Sleep Tight Wee Man

Not been on for quite some time but thought I'd just let you all know that our little Barnaby passed away yesterday.

Barnaby was the grand old age of 6 but it was quite a shock as he had been the bun with the fewest health problems and still binkyied like a bun possessed when out and about in the courtyard.

He developed a tooth root abscess very suddenly - almost overnight - and I took him into the vets yesterday morning. Unfortunately he just didn't come round from the GA and slipped away at 3pm.

Barnaby is the first rabbit we've lost and it was so sudden so we're both completely devastated. His hutch mate Bo has been able to say her goodbyes which was quite upsetting but I'm so glad we brought him home for her to see. She's an old rabbit too so we're not sure whether to try and find another bunny yet, but that's another thread.

I know I've not been on here for a while but I just needed somewhere where I could put a permanent memorial to our treasured little man.

Barnabunny - you were a bun in a million, you were always such a happy little lad, so beautiful, so full of life. Mummy and Daddy love you very very much and we hope you binky loads at Rainbow Bridge with all your ne Rainbow friends.

Sleep tight beautiful,

Mummeh x x x x

I am so very sorry,Binky free little one xxx

And no 6 isn't really all that old, but it is more than old enough to make GA a lot more risky, and it is at least 3 times longer than a wildie would live. You gave your barnabunny a happy long life, sleep tight barnaby xxx

I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful Barnaby. I lost my boy at the end of September, so I know just how devestated you are feeling - it is just horrid. RIP Barnaby bunny and have fun at the Bridge. xxx

Back