• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please for Dotty

Piggiesgalore

Mama Doe
I've had to rush little Dotty, one of our 6 month old lops, to the vets tonight after we found her collapsed in the shed:( She has shown absolutely no sign of illness, has been eating/drinking/pooing etc. normally and was as bright as a button earlier. I have been worming both the buns with Panacur, as recommended by my vet and we are on day 3 - both have had it before without any ill effects. I've had the girls since they were 9 weeks old, they came into rescue as the result of a brother/sister mating:(. Cassie, who is Dotty's sister has several on going health issues, her teeth initially were terrible, but after several trimmings we seem to be on top of them at the moment, lots of hay and yummy apple and pear sticks seem to be helping. Cassie is also a very strange shape, she has splayed legs and is tiny, she just doesn't seem to grow - having said all that she is a happy little bunster.

I couldn't see my usual vet as she was dealing with another emergency when we arrived and the young vet we saw checked Dotty over thoroughly, said she was cold but was stumped at what was going on, but did mention floppy rabbit syndrome. She was going to talk to the senior vet but has taken Dotty in for the night to get her temp up and to give her fluids, antibiotics and recovery food.

I am worried sick. Dotty was still conscious and responded to my voice, but she just couldn't move. I don't think the vet is going to call now until the morning, it's going to be such a long night. If there are any spare RU vibes out there tonight, please send some Dotty's way, she needs all the help she can get:cry:

I've moved Cassie indoors and have popped a teddy in with her so she has something to snuggle with. I will also put a snugglesafe in tonight as I think she is going to miss her sister terribly.

The vet has said she will call me in the morning, assuming Dotty makes it through the night is there anything specific I should be asking tomorrow?

Millions of vibes for Dotty. If you're worried could you call the vets now or during the night? Do they have an OOH number? I'm just thinking if your usual vet has seen her and has some thoughts on what is wrong it may help you somewhat xx

oh no - loads of vibes for Dotty!:( id be inclined to call the vets tonight ....in emergencies you can request they call you if anything changes...so oyu have the choice to get there if you can.

huge vibes for her xxx

Vibes please for Dotty - 30.10.12 Sad Update

Thank you all so much for your kind wishes. Sadly Dotty slipped away late last night, despite the best efforts of our wonderful vet:cry:

I can't believe my baby has gone, she was only 6 months old and leaves her sister Cassie behind. I am going to meet my vet later this morning to discuss things in more detail and to bring my little girl home.

Thank you again for thinking of Dotty.

Sandra

Thank you all so much for your kind wishes. Sadly Dotty slipped away late last night, despite the best efforts of our wonderful vet:cry:

I can't believe my baby has gone, she was only 6 months old and leaves her sister Cassie behind. I am going to meet my vet later this morning to discuss things in more detail and to bring my little girl home.

Thank you again for thinking of Dotty.

Sandra

I am so sorry :cry:

Oh no, I'm so sorry :cry: The way you found her reminds me of how I found my bun Peter a few weeks ago :cry: I would consider coccidiosis as a possible cause (even without symptoms) and maybe consider a course of Septrin for Cassie. Hope you get some answers from the vet. Binky free Dotty xx

Thank you everyone, your thoughts mean a lot. I've just brought Dotty home, but I have a slight dilema - should I show Cassie her body? Obviously the girls were together yesterday afternoon when Dotty must have collapsed so Cassie knows something is wrong. Bearing in mind we aren't sure what the problem was with Dotty do I risk letting her sister say goodbye or, if it is anything congagious, would Cassie already have been likely to pick it up so should be given the opportunity to see her sister?

Nicola my vet is going to give me a call this afternoon to chat through where we go from here.

Thank you again xx

I would let her say goodbye :cry: She may already have accepted Dotty has gone, but I don't think it's a risk to make sure xx

Back