• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why did she do this?

lucybis

Young Bun
Maggie has been excellant about going in her litter tray, until today. I came home from work to find she had peed on my bed. I'm trying to work out why she has done this. There are a few reasons:
1. I have given her a few blackcurrent leaves to munch on which I know are diuretics so I only left a few.
2. Her favoured litter tray was full of poo and wee (although I left it fresh this morning and she has 2 available trays)
3. I noticed some hormonal stroppiness over the weekend, could she be annoyed by me?
4. A flat mate came in and put a pile of clothing on my bed whilst I was at work.

Help please and how can I prevent further accidents?

My doe used to pee on my bed for no reason after months of being ok but she had problems with being incontinent. The other doe I have was ok when I put her in my room after I got her, then after a few weeks she started peeing on my bed everyday. Then she just stopped and hasn't done it since. Usually it's a territory thing and even does that have been spayed will do this but sometimes it can be a sign of illness. I would make sure she doesn't start peeing elsewhere as this could be a sign of a UTI or something similar if she is just doing it on your bed it is probably territorial.

My girl weed regularly on my bed until her spay. I had to use a waterproof picnic blanket to cover the bed whilst I wasn't there! Very recently they have mostly stopped but she did it again at the weekend... Luckily I kept the waterproof fitted sheet so no real damage!

My girl weed regularly on my bed until her spay. I had to use a waterproof picnic blanket to cover the bed whilst I wasn't there! Very recently they have mostly stopped but she did it again at the weekend... Luckily I kept the waterproof fitted sheet so no real damage!

:thumb: Mischa did it even thou he was neutered, it was a 'wake up and feed me' thing with him. Mini would only do it if I picked her up and put her on the bed and she didn't like it.

Back