• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recommendations for pet blankets

katie88

Mama Doe
Can anyone recommend somewhere that sells good blankets for buns?

My two live outside and the hutch is lined with lino. I currently use cheap towels and hay for bedding. But now the weather's changing I'd like to get some nice cosy blankets. This is mainly for the enclosed bit of their hutch to make it really warm, and also for the floor of the run as its on concrete slabs which are getting very cold in this weather.

I don't want to spend a fortune, just as long as it's warm!

I have blankets from asda :) just the cheap ones :) and I look out for the pet things they have at aldi sometimes, got a nice soft one from there last time :)

When mine were on the patio I gave them carpet squares to keep them off the cold floor but they didn't care :roll::lol:

Ooh yes aldi's good I'll keep my eye on their brochure. Do you mind me asking how mich the asda ones were? We don't have an asda nearby but could drive to one if they are cheap :D

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ooh yes aldi's good I'll keep my eye on their brochure. Do you mind me asking how mich the asda ones were? We don't have an asda nearby but could drive to one if they are cheap :D

Thanks for the suggestions.

I think they were about £3 :)

These are a good price too, I have some of these style :) they only have grey but I don't think they would mind :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LARGE-PET..._Supplies_Dogs&var&hash=item5d349a1360&_uhb=1

Pack of 3;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-X-LARGE..._Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item335fcd9d73&_uhb=1

A smaller one;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paw-Print..._Supplies_Dogs&var&hash=item2c6607ccba&_uhb=1

I have quite a few of the ones that HoneyBear posted because they're 90p in our JTF warehouse so I bought quite a few :oops::lol:

I bought a lovely pet blanket for about £25 from the pet shop, to replace the old Simpsons fleece they seemed to enjoy lying on.

They ignored the shiny new blanket and went right back to the cheap old one!

So something cheap I reckon!

I'd put a pet rug on the floor and, if you don't have any issues with them turning it in to a toilet, fill the bed area with hay or straw as it makes a better insulator than blankets and they can burrow in to it rather than just lying on top.
If you do have issues with pee try a cardboard box a bit smaller than the bed area wrapped in blankets and placed in the bed area. That should insulate the space.

I bought a lovely pet blanket for about £25 from the pet shop, to replace the old Simpsons fleece they seemed to enjoy lying on.

They ignored the shiny new blanket and went right back to the cheap old one!

So something cheap I reckon!

:lol: I always think the majority of pet stuff is designed to appeal to us rather than the pets. Give mine an egg box stuffed with hay and a few herbs and they'll be busy for hours :)

Thanks battlekat, I will still continue to use hay and straw but in the run in particular a blanket will hopefully keep their feet warm. No issues with peeing as they're both litter trained though I have heard the box idea before and liked the sound of it - might try it anyway!

They wash really well and can be tumble dried :D

My two usually end up biting a hole in the middle or they get covered in bits of hay, and I worry that the hay will break my washer lol after the shame of getting hotpoint man out for a stuck colour catcher (the shame :oops:) I dont wanna have to get him out for hay :lol: :oops:

Back