• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Dash :(

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Was so pleased that Dash recovered so well from his neuter and he's been taking his medicine like a good boy :D This morning after a bit of resistance as I tried to hold his head still to get the syringe in his mouth he just started licking the syringe and took it all himself bless him! But his snotty nose is worrying me :( It isnt really snotty now but it does look damp still so he could have just wiped the discharge away. Just rang vets, couldn't get in til tomorrow evening. Thankfully he's fine in himself, eating normally etc and seems happy. Just hope we can nip this in the bud quickly and I can still bond him with Heidi. I'm really sad for them both that this will delay the bonding, as she was spayed some time ago and he hasn't really shown any hormonal behaviour, I wanted to start the bonding fairly soon. I really wanted them to have eachother to snuggle up to in the cold weather :( Some of the things iv read about snuffles are really worrying me :cry: I'm going away on Wednesday aswell til Friday so timing couldn't be worse. My sis is looking after my animals but she's not into animals like I am, although she likes them and doesn't mind looking after them now and again, I like to keep the 'work' to a minimum for her so not sure how she'll be giving antibiotics to him :roll: Hopefully he'll take them as well as he's been taking his metacam and shouldn't be too much of an issue but I'd just feel happier doing it myself!

Sorry to hear about Dash. Was it the stress of going to the vets that started it off or before? Anyway I hope he gets better from this and doesn't have anymore recurrence. Hope he bonds well with Heidi and your sister looks after him later this week.

Sorry to hear about Dash. Was it the stress of going to the vets that started it off or before? Anyway I hope he gets better from this and doesn't have anymore recurrence. Hope he bonds well with Heidi and your sister looks after him later this week.

Thanks. I 1st noticed it was wet in vets waiting room when I took him to be neutered, then it was fine until I took him to the vets again for check up, after which I noticed a white discharge so I do think it's been brought on by stress :( Also could have been the being indoors then back outdoors, although I tried to make sure it wasn't too dramatic a change and put carrier inside bed, covered and stuffed with hay and straw, not sure he's been using it tho :roll: My sis will look after him, I just don't like to ask her to do more than is essential, obviously it is essential to give him any meds he's prescribed just don't like to put that on her if u know what I mean!

Back