• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting your bunny?!

I wonder how many people will stumble across this website and think biting is the right thing to do. Ridiculous advice:evil:

cecile bunbun nipped my daughter, so daughter showed cecile her teeth - cecile's eyes opened wide and she never did it again. she's a clever bunny. but no, i wouldn't recommend biting them!

Omg! How ridiculous!

Although it does remind me of something I did to my mums cat when I was little. (I can't believe I'm about to admit this) My mum had always taught me if someone did something to me at school then it was ok to do the same back, so when our cat bit me I bit him back! (shock horror!!) in my defence I was only 4 at the time. I got a real telling off from my mum!!
The cat was fine by the way and lived to being 18 bless him.

Ridiculous...from the title alone, I thought, yes I nom nom my bunnies (only pretend) with my nose betrween their ears (I know I'm mad) but seriously...how could anyone do that. But then I know people who still think it is OK to bite their child to "show them what it feels like" when they bite another child/adult.

Ridiculous...from the title alone, I thought, yes I nom nom my bunnies (only pretend) with my nose betrween their ears (I know I'm mad) but seriously...how could anyone do that. But then I know people who still think it is OK to bite their child to "show them what it feels like" when they bite another child/adult.

Actually that stopped my brother from biting everyone, it got really bad, and nothing would work, so my mum bit him back and said, now you know how it feels, so don't bite people. And he never did. I wouldn't recommend it as a first option, but sometimes to learn empathy as a child, you have to experience it yourself, but I doubt it would work on all children :lol:

All I can think of if someone tries to bit a biting bunny is being attacked on the face. Also think that would make the animal scared of you and more of a threat rather than coming to the conclusion that it's not nice to bite.

ah, now there i am culpable. after being bitten ruthlessly and relentlessly despite protests, when she bit me again i bit my then-toddler daughter back. she looked outraged, and said "that hurt me!" i replied - "you hurt me when you bite me. i didn't even leave a mark on your skin and look, your tooth-marks are still on my arm from this morning!" she was horrified, apologised, ("i'm sorry, mummy") cried and never did it again. all before she was eighteen months old. we didn't know then that she's aspie, exceptionally able and suffers meltdowns when over-stimulated.

i don't think most rabbits would know what was going on. i used to put tabby rabbit in a cage with a cloth over when she bit me - but she was one heck of a biter. it made me feel better and she knew she was in disgrace and wanted to be back with her brother.

I did suggest this to Pudding last night though.

Pudding: *Biting my jeans*
Me: Pud, I'll bite you back, I read it on the internet!
Pudding: *Curious look* *Random binky* *Returns to nibble jeans*

So, the threat isn't very effective :p

biting back naughty children, yes as a last resort. Biting rabbits? no :lol: I've nibbled the dogs ears before but with my lips not teeth :oops::lol:

:shock: would never imagine biting an animal only certain things you want in your mouth, and i know what Stu lies in :oops:, he naturally snuggles under my chin any how :D, he loved me :love:

Last edited:
:shock: i won;t open the link as can see what it s about from topic, how awful, mabel used to nip when younger and i used to say ouch and she learned not to bite me from me saying ouch as she looked up at me

I did suggest this to Pudding last night though.

Pudding: *Biting my jeans*
Me: Pud, I'll bite you back, I read it on the internet!
Pudding: *Curious look* *Random binky* *Returns to nibble jeans*

So, the threat isn't very effective :p

:lol: use a water bottle spray, bailey is a mini rex and he's so precious about his appearance, so whenever he does anything wrong we spray him, he is disgusted with it. :) its quite funny to watch him he gets raging and spends ages cleaning his fur after.

We've found something that stops him misbehaving, a single clap with a firm 'NO'. You might have to do it two or three times but he eventually gets it!

Back