• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving in!

Lady_Bird

New Kit
So my rabbit Frankie is moving in tomorrow after nearly fours years outside. I'm really excited and think that it is way overdue! However i just wanted to know a few things beforehand... Is it ok for me to move him in tomorrow straight from outside? We are planning to bring him and his hutch in so he doesn't have too much of a change and so he still has his home before we get a new one just for indoors. We are also planning to put the hutch near the back door so it will be the most coolest part in the house.

Many thanks :

As long as you keep him in a cold area then I think he will be fine. The fact that you have his hutch in too will be good for him to get used to a new place. So is that him a house bunny now for good or only over the winter?

I think you'll love having an indoor bunny, you get to see so much more of them and they have so much fun running about the house!

Yeah he's going to be permanetly a house bunny now! He loves coming indoors, he prefers to stay in then come out! It will also be good company for my little dog as they have become the best of friends recently!

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for the advice given!

:)

Aww well i hope all goes well :) it's nice having them indoors, both of mine started off as indoor rabbits and were then moved outside, i wish i could have them inside permanently but there is no room now.

:)

Lucky bunny getting to move indoors!

Just make sure you don't leave bunny and dog together unattended. Whilst they might be best friends its not a good idea to have them together when your not around.

Back