• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So shy

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Sparkle has always been very shy, but now he is on his own after Twinkle left us :cry: , he is a recluse. If I go in the summerhouse to see him or feed him he runs into the aviary and only comes back in when he knows I m gone. It I so sad as I used to love having the bunnies come running when I opened the doors. He must of felt more confident knowing Twinkle wasn't scared of me :cry:

Oh how sad :( sorry to hear about Twinkle. Could you sit in the summerhouse for a while with a book maybe, and try to slowly gain Sparkle's trust on his own terms?

He is eating, but waits until I have gone. He can't be a house bunny because I have three cats and allergy prone kids unfortunately.

Pickle was a bit like this after Timmy died. It seemed like if it wasn't Timmy then he didn't want anyone near him :( He either hopped away from me or just completely ignored me and didn't even seem to notice me (which seemed far worse).

Oh how sad :( sorry to hear about Twinkle. Could you sit in the summerhouse for a while with a book maybe, and try to slowly gain Sparkle's trust on his own terms?

This is what I did, even if he didn't want me touching him I could be close so he wasn't sat on his own all the time. In time he stopped running away from me, now he runs to the door when I go outside :)

Same here with Mini, initially she didn't want any attention but then started getting braver.

Back