• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have yours got their winter coats on yet?

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Tango is getting decidedly thick and fluffy, and losing his thin summer fur, but Finx hasn't started yet. She hardly changed her coat at all last year, it's odd :?

Do most outdoor buns get thick winter coats?

My 2 had so much fluff last winter that when twinkle moulted this spring I kept weighing her because I was sure she was loosing weight, she wasnt but she went from looking like a snowball, shes a rew, to looking like she needed a good meal.

They are both fluffing up nicely this week. They sit in the garden and 'puffle' Twink does it more than Ozzie, they sit and tuck everything in and then somehow their fur just fluffs up, it puffles:lol:

The lowest its been overnight in the shed is 2deg, but as they spend most of their time once its bedtime sat on the floor of the aviary I reckon they will be very very fluffy this year as they didnt have the outside option overnight last winter.

Amber, my Agouti's coat goes a lot thicker during winter and has already done so. Ollie just seems to double his size wth his big fluffy coat :lol: Both coats are certainly getting there.

This is my first Winter having Leo and he is still molting at the moment since around the beginning of September. Missy already has her winter coat and hers didn't take long at all.

In the two weeks we have had Jenson and Cooper they have deffinately got a thicker coat. They have gone from a mid moult browny/black colour to a deffinately solid black colour, it's lovely and thick and glossy too.
Vi used to have such a thick coat in winter that it was hard to find any of her skin, then come summer the garden had spin drifts of white fluff everywhere. Mind you she was a loinhead.

I hadn't thought that mine had a winter coat, but my sister was in today and hadn't seen my two for a while and she was saying that they looked super fluffy, so they must have!!

Oh, and mine are indoor!

Tinky has defiantly got hers, she is a REW and as mentioned looks like a big snowball. Not sure about Bruce, he is a Wilde with quite short fur. They have been outside for nearly 2 months now so I hope he has. He does seem a bit darker than before.

Back