• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded Breeding Does

becki_moorcroft

Warren Scout
I thought you might like to see some photos of my bonded group of breeding girls, as i keep hearing over and over how breeding rabbits have to live alone (and that does make me feel sad as it is certainly not the case). But i also wanted this to be a warning to those that dont want to see pictures of breeding/show rabbits, so you can click off now...

My group currently consists of 4 girls (sadly the eldest passed away a couple of months ago :( ) 18 month old sisters Minerva and Marrion, Pandora (Minerva's 6 month old daughter) and Harriet (Marrion's 4.5 month old daughter).

DSCN6505.jpg

Minerva

DSCN6482.jpg

Marrion and Minerva

DSCN6420.jpg

All 4 together on the grass - harriet, marrion's bottom, pan and minnie

DSCN6483.jpg

Pan nomming some hazel

DSCN6481.jpg

Marrion, Minerva and Pandora

DSCN6478.jpg

Marrion and Minerva

22596_488383514514844_1158560184_n.jpg

Minerva and Harriet showing off their new 'roof terrace' (they like this spot as they can see straight into the kitchen window from here... and i'm fixing some 'proper' wire onto this tomorrow, this was a make shift pen to stop them jumping off from the high point)

IMG_2539.jpg

This is Zyanya, who is marrion and minerva's younger sister (she'll be a year in december) - i'm hoping to introdce her to the group over the winter

522271_488386724514523_1677896796_n.jpg

And these are marrion's other two daughters (harriet's sisters) Freyja and Vala, these are my current show girls so are living in the shed, but hopefully sometime next year they will also join the group

I have to admit I love Smoke Pearls. I had a Nethie SP and he was the most perfect rabbit you could ever wish for. He also gave me some beautiful babies. He passed away aged 8. I don't breed now.

Thank you everyone :) they really make my day

and yes demi it's working very well, not everything has... all three groups of sisters i've tried have failed without an older doe to form a figure head, i think the youngsters really need that variation in age for it to work out... the real test will be in the spring when i breed from pan, i've only had litters from pairs not from a group, so fingers crossed the dynamics will still hold up, as zyanya should hopefully have joined the group by then.

Back