• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Time to go shopping for Spenser again ...

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
His Lordship is getting to the end of his SS, so to make it worth the postage I'll be ordering a few other items for The Hay Experts. I wonder which hay Spenser would like to try this time? :? He wasn't pleased with the Excel herbage, but moderately interested (although not enthusiastic) about Oxbow oat hay. I'm inclined to try orchard grass again, and maybe the birch bark herbage. He actually started eating the herbage once I gave away most of the bag to another rabbit. Really, he is the most contrary rabbit - although I love him dearly. :roll::love:

Have you tried Sun Garden Mix from the Hay Experts ? It is herbal hay with dandelion. I went through it really quickly.

I don't think so, will have a look. :wave:

Spenser: Pellets and greens are what I want. And crunchies. I really can't be doing with al this waggling of hay under my nose. :roll:

Spenser: Pellets and greens are what I want. And crunchies. I really can't be doing with al this waggling of hay under my nose. :roll:

His Lordship is naughty.

It was quite reasonably priced and an average sized bag. I bought it because of the dandelions mixed in. The chinchillas love, better than any other hay I have given them. Its rather fine hay.

Rimmi and Winter say Timothy hay is ace, as is readygrass and Oat hay. Nomnomnom. Also the chamomile herbage!! Meadow hay is ok but not their fave! They love greenish farm hay bales too, I get handfuls off my friend who has bales for her sheep.

I'm sure this little sweetheart will get what he wants in the end how can ya say nooooo to that gorgeous cute face :love::love:

not a hay but mine are getting very excited.about coltsfoot at the moment

Really? Spenser had that sent as a substitute when I ordered some stuff from the RWA shop. He was very rude about it. That was not long after he came to me, and he is not just quite as fussy as he was then.

I have only bought coltsfoot once and the buns were not that keen. They ate it but used to leave some. They much prefer plantain.

Susiebun have you ordered anything yet? I'll gladly send you a small handful of the oat wheat and barley if you'd like to try before you buy? Tis expensive stuff.

Have you ever tried him on a proper farm bale of hay? It's my rabbits favourite and the cheapest (but don't tell him that of course)

They do love the oat wheat and barley though, or alfalfa king timothy.

Back