• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Nasel discharge...

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Im a bit miffed as iv only just come from vets with Dash havin had his check up after his neuter. But when I got back I noticed he had white discharge coming from his nose. On Friday when I took him for neutering, whilst in waiting room I noticed his nose was a bit wet (1st time iv seen this I was in vets!) Anyway, the nurse said his chest sounded fine and it was probably nothing to worry about. It's been fine since, til today, again when iv taken him to vets, he gets a white discharge... Unfortunately like I said I only saw this after so didn't get chance to mention it. Do u think it could be stress related? Seems odd that it's only happened twice and both times was when iv taken him to vets! If his chest was fine on Friday could it have developed into something worse since then? Or could it just be a cold with the change in the weather? I'm really worried he's ill, obviously first and foremost because I don't want him to be suffering, but also because I want to introduce him to Heidi but obviously don't want to pass anything on to her. What r your thoughts?? :(

He may have developed an upper respiratory tract infection bought on by stress (transportation, GA etc)

I assume the Vet has just examined him at his post op check ?

He may have developed an upper respiratory tract infection bought on by stress (transportation, GA etc)

I assume the Vet has just examined him at his post op check ?

The nurse just checked his wounds were healing ok she didn't check his chest or anything again

Pasteurella doesn't always go onto the chest, it didn't with our bridge bun Boo it was all upper respiratory tract and sadly we lost him. I would go back to the vets tomorrow and get him on some antibiotics, the chest being clear doesn't mean it can be left.

As the others have said the best thing to do is get bunny checked by a vet.

When we got Evie she had snuffles, including white discharge from her nose. She was put on a course of septrin which didn't do much, however, we now sprinkle red raspberry leaf on her food and put echnicea in her water along with rabbit vitamin drops. We have successfully bonded her with one of our neutered males and he's shown no signs of any discharge and they've been bonded about 6-7months

As the others have said the best thing to do is get bunny checked by a vet.

When we got Evie she had snuffles, including white discharge from her nose. She was put on a course of septrin which didn't do much, however, we now sprinkle red raspberry leaf on her food and put echnicea in her water along with rabbit vitamin drops. We have successfully bonded her with one of our neutered males and he's shown no signs of any discharge and they've been bonded about 6-7months

Thanks for the reassurance! I've been really upset about it :cry: I really hope it's nothing serious. I got him to bond with my single girl after she failed to bond with my pair and I'm just feeling like nothing has gone smoothly over the last few months! think I'm just feeling a bit tired and emotional lately anyway and feel like the stress is piling on :roll:

Back