• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hopefully a happy rabbit.....

Argyll

New Kit
Hi folks,

First time poster and looking for some advice.

I own a cracking little Lionhead which I have had for a couple of months now. He is settling in well and is a joy to have.

I have converted my 8x4 garden shed into a house for the little fella which has plenty of hiding places, an attached run, toys, and all the other things I have previously read on this useful site that will hopefully keep him entertained. I have also had it insulated so it will be warm through the cold winter months.

Anyway..... my other half and I are shift workers so he is getting plenty of attention at every given opportunity. During the day if I'm busy around the house, I will bring him in from his shed and let him run around the house for a few hours. He seems to enjoy this as he 'binkies' about and sprawls himself out on his side in front of the television. He is a very friendly little chap who will happily lie on your chest and give you a lick on the nose. I'm conscious of the heat etc within the house and will try to keep the central heating relatively low and have a window open for ventilation.

Can anyone advise if bringing a rabbit in from its shed, into the house for a few hours and the returning it to its shed/run will have any adverse effects?

I havn't seen seen any problems personally but just want to make sure from the pro's that I'm giving the little thing the best life possible.

Thank you for your time and advice, it's much appreciated.

Argyll.

I did this in the past and I feel it caused Mischa a lot of ongoing problems with snuffles and various infections later on in life.

Could you bring him in for the winter permanently until spring when it's a bit warmer? Once neutered they are pretty tidy most of the time and there are lots of ideas for housing in the link in my signature under my post.

Back