• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny spay on Tuesday

CwningenBach

Warren Scout
Hello

Bit terrified. We lost our lovely Mrs Hudson in her op and now Navi's looms. Can't put it off though with her recent phantom pregnancy and her new found desire to hump Sherlock at any end she can (they're separated now of course)

However, as this spay will no doubt go perfectly... Just a few questions for when it's done.

She currently has hay bedding. Should this be swapped for a towel? I can't remember what we did with Sherlock. Additionally, we have wood flooring, so a bit slippy for buns. Do you think it'd be ideal to move her house into a carpeted room so she doesn't stretch / slip?

We'll keep Sherlock and Navi separated but side by side in the weeks following the spay. They've been such brilliant friends. Hopefully they'll stay in love! We intentionally waited to get her spayed after Mrs Hudson. If only we'd got it done just a little earlier! Argh.

I would put towels down instead of bedding, and maybe put old towels or rugs down on the laminate flooring. You could move her to a carpeted area, but she may brefer to be in her own "territory". I'd ask for external glue instead of stitches..from experience. Also, keep an eye on her temperature when she gets home as they can be quite cold and may need covering with a fleece or blanky.

Hopefully all will go well , but I know how worrying it is.

I'm sure everything will go well. No one was as worried as me when i got Amber spayed, the vet even put her at the top of the op list as she knew how worried i was :oops:

vetbed with a puppypad under worked for poor tabby rabbit.

Vetbed looks lovely! On the site they're categorised as for dogs/cats, but I assume either are OK for buns? I wonder if I can find them anywhere...

Actually, the first Google result into a site called Petlife saying they're the original, VetBed. Pets at Home sell vetbeds by PetsatHome. Still likely to be OK? I can pick one of those up for Navi Bun today if P@H have 'em.

Thank you to everyone who had replied so far. Thanks for the heads up on temperature too. The spaying aftercare link was a good read. I will read it again and again over the next two days... Or weeks... Sigh!

Michelle - I might even ASK them for that :p Eesh.

Back