• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lighthearted Thread-Housebuns

Michelleox

Mama Doe
Just trying to tell the OH how nice it would be to have a housebun...he needs some convincing. Can you help?

(don't mention the words chew, eat, remote control, or wires!!) ;) :):lol:

Just trying to tell the OH how nice it would be to have a housebun...he needs some convincing. Can you help?

(don't mention the words chew, eat, remote control, or wires!!) ;) :):lol:

In that case, I have nothing to say! :lol::lol::lol:

Errrrrrrrrrm........poo, wee, hay, fur :lol:

They are lovey to have indoors, I would never have mine any other way. They follow you round (get under your feet), love cuddles and strokes (always seek attention) and also they are great at aiding fitness as you have to jump off the sofa all the time to stop them chewing.....oops ;)

The best thing is you don have to go out in the cold to feed and clean during the winter.

Getting to watch binkying whilst enjoying a coffee :D Little bunny kisses whilst you're on the sofa :love:

Ooh! I have another! All that extra time you find yourself with when bun bites through your phone line and leaves you phone and internet-less for an evening. So peaceful and productive. And hubby and I got to spend some quality time together at Homebase this morning and then later, fitting tubing over the new wires. So you get more done AND it strengthens your marriage 8)

OK...they make you sooo creative, forever thinking of new ways to rearrange their furniture/toys and protect your own :lol::lol: But they are soo adorable and being indoors makes even shy, timid buns more at ease. The more laid back bun will follow you around (maybe trip you up a few times..oops) be forever trying to get in your fridge/shopping bags to nick your carrots/cookies and make you laugh :lol:

They are very good at keeping the house clean...reminding you when to clear under the bed when you hear them rattling discarded chocolate wrappers/empty chocolate boxes....and will even empty the bin for you...especially if there is banana skins in there :p

Oh yes! I used to hoover only about twice a week. Now the handy vac is constantly on charge and used frequently. If Kim and Aggie turned up, I'm covered.

Oh its amazing, I wouldnt have it any other way :D

Theyre constantly there, noseying into your business. Mine are free range and Im never alone or bored because they're so entertaining amd funny. They're such a major part of my home life, truly part of my family :love:

They do chew wires and things but you soon learn to hide wires well and not leave anything lying around that you value. They actually help keep the house tidy in that respect! :lol:

Theres fur all over the place when they moult and yes hay gets everywhere too and they sometimes miss the litter tray, but its totally worth it, the positives far outweigh the negatives :love:

Plus Im neurotic and like to have them inside with the heating on when its cold outside :oops:

you don;t have go outside in the cold brrrr :lol:
they become more part of the family you see their characters much better as see them more

you don;t have go outside in the cold brrrr :lol:
they become more part of the family you see their characters much better as see them more

Yeh and I watch them SO much that I notice immediately if theres a change in behaviour of any of them or something out of the ordinary :D

I'm not sure I can totally ignore the chewing and destruction! :D But, one thing when I had house bunnies - Clover used to come upstairs and tell me when it was time for her tea, at the same time every day. It was impossibly cute (and so clever!) :love:

I've only had my house bunnies a week tomorrow and they're already the cutest little animals and I just can't stop playing with them/giving them attention. They're starting to like strokes and games now as they're beginning to be less timid and it's just the cutest thing to see.
I've ended up treating them like they're my babies. :lol:

Back