• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The first photo I saw of Katy - and now.

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
So its coming up to a year since I spotted this little squirt called Daisy on the rescues website. She had been found in a recycling yard by the council, then handed into the local police kennels. They were convinced she wouldn't last the night as she had no fur on her body and was suspected to be about 4-5 weeks old. She was suffering badly from mange and was a tiny little bag of bones, they didn't think she had eaten in days. Thankfully, they did manage to trace her 'breeder', who thankfully, had their dogs and litters seized by another authority just before she was found. They think they tried to keep her hidden, and realised such a young puppy without its mother was hard work.

However she made it through the night, and the rescue helped her out by getting her into a caring foster home and lots of vet care. Her fur started to come in, and then once she was getting better, they posted this photo on their website, of her at 8 weeks old, needing a loving home with lots of TLC, and other dogs to teach her how to be a dog. I was in a bad way after losing my previous girl in a most horrific way, and felt she would want me to take on this poor little baby. You can see how bad her skin is in the first few photos.

My new puppy - currently called Daisy by Niseag, on Flickr

Then her foster parents sent me photos of her at 10/11 weeks old.

Then she came home and 12 weeks, and met her big sister Lucy

Katy's first night by Niseag, on Flickr

Lucy and Katy by Niseag, on Flickr

And big brother Todd

Katy's first night at home by Niseag, on Flickr

And settled in very well with them

Katy's first walk by Niseag, on Flickr

Katy's first time at the beach by Niseag, on Flickr

But none as such a her big sis

Katy and Lucy by Niseag, on Flickr

And here she is today. She still sucks on her teddy bear (the one her foster parents gave her in the first photos...

Katy and her bear by Niseag, on Flickr

But she has grown into such a pretty, if slightly goofy, girly.

119 copy by Niseag, on Flickr

317 copy by Niseag, on Flickr

Katy by Niseag, on Flickr

Katy's new collar by Niseag, on Flickr

Nothing makes Katy happier by Niseag, on Flickr

180 copy by Niseag, on Flickr

She really has made me all better after last year.

Back