• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding

cm85

Warren Scout
What do you all do when you go away? We're away for two nights near to Christmas so we've got family coming in to look after Pudding. There's only one full day that we won't see him (going Friday afternoon, back Sunday afternoon), so that should be fine. But we're away for four nights at the end of that month and it seems a bit cheeky to ask family to spend so much time here! I can't find a boarder that keeps the buns indoors and doesn't require you to bring your own cage. We can't move Pud's, it's mahoosive. So my options are:
a) Buy a smaller cage for him to use as a holiday home and book him in somewhere
or
b) Use a home visiting service. I've found this one: http://www.one2onepetservices.co.uk/Pages/HomePetSitting.aspx , and they'll do two visits a day. I'm sure he'd get a few family visits as well on top.
I think option B would be the least stressful for him, but obviously he wouldn't get as much attention as usual :? But then, he probably wouldn't at a boarders either. Any advice?

I ask a couple of friends to check in on them twice a day and give them some money when we get home.

Walton on Thames. Windlesham is a bit tricky to get to for us, classic car + M25 = disaster :D

There's one close to us, but it's not very clear where the buns are kept. Might be worth a call!

Thanks Kavanne, really kind of you but I think he might need more time :) Duchess, that's handy to know, thank you! We're leaning towards having someone visiting, just because Pud doesn't like travelling, but if that doesn't seem like the best option after I've investigated a bit I'll get back to you!

Back