• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting a new bunny.

Bunny-love

Young Bun
I'm going to get Oscar a friend, I'm getting him neutered this week so ill have to wait a few weeks. I'm looking for some advice as to how to go about this as I've read so many things about bunnies from pet shops getting ill etc.

Oscar is a miniature lop, does it matter what breed of rabbit I get to become his companion? What do I need to know before bonding my baby with another bun?

I'm just looking for advice really. I live southlanarkshire, Scotland can anyone recommend where I get my new bun from.

Thanks for any help :)
Katrina & Oscar x

I would check out your local rescues and let your bun pick the other bun. Many rescues will help with bonding and let your bunny go on a few dates ones they're neutered. I would try and find him a wifeybun because male/female pairs tend to be easier to bond. A similar age is probably a good idea if you can, but I don't think size and breed matter to much. The more important thing is that they get along. Good luck!

My geography isn't very good, but if you are nearer Glasgow than Edinburgh, try Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care. There is also Bunny Buddies, based in or near Edinburgh, I think. Both have websites. :wave:

Back