• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

LEPuFEN

it says 100ml on the advert.
1 ml per kilo is still a lot though, when I was giving mine that much in one go they were spitting it out and being really difficult to medicate. I wonder if you can get it in a stronger dose?

1 ml per kilo is still a lot though, when I was giving mine that much in one go they were spitting it out and being really difficult to medicate. I wonder if you can get it in a stronger dose?

That's true, I didn't check the concentration of it. It wont work out cheaper than Panacur 10% Liquid then. I had just never heard of it before.

doh! So it does...

I find panacur paste is probably easier, as I hollow out a grape with a straw, and inject the paste in the middle..rabbits don't even notice it! I think giving a liquid by syringe is a lot trickier. When I've tried syringing other medication, by buns spit it out, or they move suddenly and I miss the mouth completely, so never sure whether they have had an accurate dose.

I found the paste easier, they just came and ate it straight from the tube! The liquid is much cheaper though, esp. when you have a lot of buns to treat. The liquid isn't to bad when you're only giving a little bit (like half a mil). There's definately a technique to it.
My old vet also said he was concerned the paste doesn't always give an accurate dose.

Back