• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making ramps?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
:wave: I need to make the ramps to go into the sheds tomorow (from the floor up onto the big hay shelf)...what angle is ok for bunnies? I dont want to make them too steep :?

Thanks!

1 in 3 maybe? I'd make it as gentle as possible. I made a staircase out of decking planks instead but that's a bit more complicated. You also want to make sure you use something they can grip onto easily, perhaps using horizontal ridges tacked on

45 degrees maybe? A bit more possibly? I think the ladder for them to get to the upper level in their hutch is about 45 degrees, with grips on them as described in the post above. They manage okay.

we stuck carpet i between the little 'steps' too, as they found the wood slippery. Just got some cheap tiles from B&Q, cut them up and glued them on. We spend ages stroking the carpets in the shop to see which one was 'grippiest'. lol

Im wondering if none slip lino would help? I already have some of that sitting outside...its industrial stuff they use in bathrooms so its pretty gritty and textured :)

Back