• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am going AWOL

cheriewalpole

Young Bun
Thank you all for your support this last week - both sets of babies doing great ( even if i have to keep changing nest box number 2) I am off to my mums caravan from tonight friday till wednesday - only 4-5 miles away so will be coming home daily to make sure bunnies are well.

Here is link to my album of them...nest time i update they prob will have grown loads !!!

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/CherieWalpole/

Set 1 we think are about 10-12 days old and are starting to open eyes - nest is lovely dry and warm.
set 2 are 4 days old - and am having change nest every 2 days due to getting damp - but being fed and kept warm ok

Had a lovely time ...even if i had to come home daily to feed rabbits !!!
They all doing really well and growing fast.

The older 2 babys now chasing mummy round hutch for food !!!!
2nd lot are getting big and need changing again - but still very warm in nest.

Glad they are doing well, if you arent doing so already it may be advisable to give mum a little time away from the babies in the day day, they usually only feed them at night anyway, and it should help prevent her getting stressed by them. You could also attach a run to the hutch, so that she can come and go as she pleases - this would be preferable, as some does may get stressed if they cant get back to their babies.

Glad they are doing well, if you arent doing so already it may be advisable to give mum a little time away from the babies in the day day, they usually only feed them at night anyway, and it should help prevent her getting stressed by them. You could also attach a run to the hutch, so that she can come and go as she pleases - this would be preferable, as some does may get stressed if they cant get back to their babies.

luckily she can escape them by hopping up above the bedroom area...which she kept doing yesterday...lol

Back