• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay for Pets delivery?

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Hi I wanted to order some ings hay to try as it seems so popular on here but I was just wondering what the delivery time is usually like and if they leave it if your not in? I think someone on a diff post said they use yodel who do tend to leave stuff if u ask... I work long hrs and I do 2 days in one job and 3 days in another so although I can get stuff delivered to work, it's a pain trying to figure out where il be on the delivery day! And even then there's no guarantee someone will be in. So now I'm wondering if it's worth bothering... And look for an alternative I can buy locally... I already have to get my dog food delivered which is a pain! And not sure my bosses will appreciate 9kg of hay turning up on their doorstep :lol:

Hi I wanted to order some ings hay to try as it seems so popular on here but I was just wondering what the delivery time is usually like and if they leave it if your not in? I think someone on a diff post said they use yodel who do tend to leave stuff if u ask... I work long hrs and I do 2 days in one job and 3 days in another so although I can get stuff delivered to work, it's a pain trying to figure out where il be on the delivery day! And even then there's no guarantee someone will be in. So now I'm wondering if it's worth bothering... And look for an alternative I can buy locally... I already have to get my dog food delivered which is a pain! And not sure my bosses will appreciate 9kg of hay turning up on their doorstep :lol:

It will depend which courier. I know they use more than one, Yodel definitely being one. Part of my order a couple of months ago went missing because Yodel, apparently, took some parcels not meant for them and the parcel never turned up, nor was it returned to H4P.:? The last batch (I don't know which courier), I was anticipating it arriving on a Tuesday, I was in all day but didn't hear anybody knocking. The next day at 2pm I was leaving the house to find the hay (2 x 9.5kg timothy hay) just dumped on my driveway!! I'm presuming it had been there since the day before. No note to tell me it was left outside, not concealed anywhere - just flipping dumped! So yes, the hay is excellent, the courier at the moment is not scoring highly!

My first few batches took about 5 days exactly but my last one only took 2 days! I was shocked cos I ordered in advance lol.

Thanks for the replies, sounds like its just luck of the draw then :roll: Might c if I can get anything decent elsewhere then 1st... Would be easier I suppose! Nowt worse than waiting on deliveries, especially when it's pet food that u need!!

If you use The Hay Experts they use a courier who will give you time slots for your next day delivery. If you are limited on days that you can have your delivery talk to Lisa and see if she can dispatch the order the day before you are at home so that you have less of a worry about not being about.

I've ordered from Hay for Pets twice now and both times they have thrown it over the fence into my back garden as I requested. There is a box on their order page that you can leave delivery instructions in.

I've also left a note on my front door saying "please leave behind gate...it's just hay!" and they have. The hay is well wrapped in a sealed bag, and then wrapped again in another plastic bag, so even if it is raining, it will be fine.

The Hay Experts actually send me a text to let me what day it will be delivered, then a text on the morning to tell me what time it will be delivered (1 hour time window) and who the deliverer is...which is very good service.

Last edited:
Ive ordered twice, very impressed.

First time ordered Friday morning and it came Saturday morning:shock:

I was so impressed I emailed them to thank them.

This week I rang them because I couldnt remember which I had ordered, the man was very helpful and I was then able to order online as they dont have the facility to order over the phone.

I ordered 2 big packs and it came 2 days later, they left it at my side door, extremely well packed and sealed up.

Best bit for me is its £16 for roughly a months worth as apposed to £8 per week for the petshop packs.

I ordered an extra pack to get infront incase the weather turns.

Thanks for all the replies! Sounds good then I have a locked side gate that parcels sometimes get chucked over! Will give it a go then I think :thumb:

Back