• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will this break the bond?

lauraj27

Warren Scout
I hope this isn't a stupid question, Evie and Harley have been bonded for some time now, but Harley needs to go to the vet at the weekend for his vaccination. At the same time we need to take Sparky to get his weight checked. Unfortunately, neither me nor my other half drive so we have to take them in carriers and walk. Given that they will be incredibly heavy /difficult to take all three, could we take Harley without Evie and without breaking the bond?

Ideally you should keep a bonded pair together & both should go in to the vet in the same carrier, so as one doesn't return smelling 'odd' to the other which could compromise a bond.
Do you have a friend or relative who could drive you? Or perhaps a cab or else separate appointments?

It's not ideal, but if it's literally just an in and out visit without any significant interventions then I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's vital to take them both if one bunny needs to stay at the vets or have anything significant done, but if it's a case of being out for an hour or so without the vet doing anything that would result in a majorly different smell, then they should be fine. If you really can't take them both together, rub a towel over them both before you go and then rub it back over Harley when you get back again just to try and 'correct' any smell which differs. There is a theoretical risk to the bond which is why it's better for them to go together, but for a short visit it will probably be ok - although it's not possible to say 100% one way or the other.

Back