• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thank goodness it's n-day for Nibbles tomorrow u/d all is well!

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
Ever since we brought Buttons back inside he's been spraying like mad (just generally everywhere). :roll: I am quite nervous about it but I'm sure he'll be fine. I trust the vet! I've just bought him some of his favourite noms to tempt his appetite afterwards...

Is there anything I need to remember to do beforehand??

Last edited:
Make sure his cage is very clean. They quite often like to retreat into their bedroom on arriving back, somewhere private and quiet. Some go straight to their food. Hope he recovers well.

Make sure his cage is very clean. They quite often like to retreat into their bedroom on arriving back, somewhere private and quiet. Some go straight to their food. Hope he recovers well.

Thanks:wave: OH is getting home early tomorrow so he can make sure it's nice and clean :)

try not to worry too much, neutering male rabbits has always gone very smoothly for me. It's only the females that have caused me problems after by pulling out their stitches! But bucks don't have that problem.

all my three have been fine apart from a little hickup where one of them got a blood blister in his testicle....I can home to find he had humped his boyfriend on the head and it had burst....panicked when I saw my white rabbit nom nom run up to me with a bright read head and Rambo with a bleeding testicle! They were both fine though :lol:

Great news...he'll probably be a few hours yet as they like to make sure they are moving, peeing and pooing and eating/drinking ok before they leave. However, Pebs had his dental under GA quite late in the afternoon, and I got him when he was still very groggy and very cold...so keep an eye on his temperature when you get him home. Pebs slept in my bed with me through the night under my duvet ( you can guess i didn't get much sleep!) but hopefully you shouldn't have that problem.

Has he notice anything missing :lol:

Poor little thing, we got home and got him out of his carrier, he hopped straight to the corner of the kitchen, facing the wall :(

Just brought him into the living room 'cos it's warmer and I can keep an eye on him. Poor little thing.

Thank you :wave: trying to get him to eat. He's nibbling a bit of hay here and there but he's barely eaten anything since he got home at 5pm. :S

I think he wants to sleep more than anything. He's currently got a blanket on him with some herbs in front of him. Not like him to not demolish herbs on sight :(

302745_10151111495323321_1903893766_n.jpg

Poor little thing is knackered! He has eaten a bit more now though and we had cuddles :love:

Aw what a cute boy... :love:

He should be feeling brighter this morning. Presumably the vet gave you painkiller for him? :wave:

aww bless him :love::love::love: Sometimes GA can really affect them. Some buns bounce back straight away, but some find it harder. Hope he is better this morning, just keep an eye on him. If he needs more painkiller, take him back to vets as soon as you can ( I don't think mine never gave me painkillers to take home). I do worry about pebbles having his next dental as he really struggled after his last GA.

Back