• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lessons my rabbits have taught me, about rabbits

BorisnHannibal

Young Bun
Lesson 1- I do not care that you want to relax and watch a film at 10pm at night. This is my party time and I will act crazy, bang my food dishes together, slam the hutch door up and down gallop, dig and generally make too much noise for such small innocent and fluffy looking creatures

Lesson 2- Even if you think I can't get up there. I probably can if you aren't looking

Lesson 3- If you don't want me to eat it, I will. If you do want me to eat it, I will probably throw it everywhere.

Lesson 4- Coats are the most terrifying things on earth.

Lesson 5- When you come down to see me in the morning I will have stolen something I am not supposed to have from places unknown. You will spend the day wondering how I managed to get a tea towel into the hutch whilst the door was shut and they were hanging up on the other side of the room.

Lesson 6- I have zero manners. I will snatch, generally ignore you when you tell me to come here and bite your bottom when you block my path.

Lesson 7- If you scratch my head I will enjoy it so much I fall over then give you dirty looks for making me look stupid

Lesson 8- At random I will hurl my litter tray across the room. Usually just after you cleaned up.

Lesson 9- It is my personal mission to poo as much as rabbitly possible within 5 minutes of cleaning me out.

Lesson 10- I will lay down like I'm dead and keep up the pretence till you have to poke me just to check.

Lesson 11- Sometimes you will hear terrible crash/ noise, by the time you come to look I will be laid there innocently pretending to sleep or be cute.

Having said all that... I would never be without them.

Number 5 is Boris's favourite at the moment.

I've come down to find spare syringes (from when they had to have a course of baytril), a large chunk of the edging from the laminate floor, a tea towel, his comb, a few pens, numerous newspapers (or bits of newspaper anyway) a sock and my security pass for work. He doesn't chew them,aside from the paper but I have no idea how they get there. They aren't items that are within reach from his hutch. My only possible explanation is that Hannibal who sleeps in the run as his head tilt means he struggles to get into the hutch passes them to him in the night.... Even that is far fetched.

Yes , i can relate to most of them even though they live outside.
Molly's favourite is when she turns her back on you if she is in a mood.
That is until i get a piece of banana . I want to be your freind now!
Who are these people who dont get rabbits?
Love them to bits ,:love:

That is fantastic, I agree with all but number 4, I've never found that coats seemed all that scary, helium balloons on the other hand :shock::shock::shock:

I can currently hear very loud chewing, but can't see the rabbit, uh oh!!!

That is fantastic, I agree with all but number 4, I've never found that coats seemed all that scary, helium balloons on the other hand :shock::shock::shock:

I can currently hear very loud chewing, but can't see the rabbit, uh oh!!!

I was just alerted to the fact it was teatime. (Hannibal bashing the hutch door against the floor) So currently I can hear them chewing through their veg. Always worrying when you can hear a noise but cant work out where they are. Fortunately the arrival of tea means they will both be installed in front of their food bowl so I can relax for probably.... 5 minutes?

I think its because both our coats are huge walking style jackets so they rustle a lot when we put them on. To Boris it is THE scariest thing on earth. Hannibal on the other hand has zero fear of anything. I think the only thing he's maybe scared of is that if he doesn't come running every time we walk in the room he may miss out on some food or petting.

I was just alerted to the fact it was teatime. (Hannibal bashing the hutch door against the floor) So currently I can hear them chewing through their veg. Always worrying when you can hear a noise but cant work out where they are. Fortunately the arrival of tea means they will both be installed in front of their food bowl so I can relax for probably.... 5 minutes?

I think its because both our coats are huge walking style jackets so they rustle a lot when we put them on. To Boris it is THE scariest thing on earth. Hannibal on the other hand has zero fear of anything. I think the only thing he's maybe scared of is that if he doesn't come running every time we walk in the room he may miss out on some food or petting.

Thor just told me its dinner time, by chucking his (full) water bowl across the pen for the third time today :evil:

Loki doesn't seem scared of much, he hops over to the Hoover :lol:

They are both scared of the hamster noises though :lol::lol::lol:

Back