• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How expensive?!!

It's listed as a complementary feed as opposed to a complete feed, so I would guess it is given as a treat. Price doesn't seem too bad to me, when a 10KG bag of SS cost me about £19. Not sure what the point is of giving a complementary feed unless it has added vitamins etc, that are not in a complete food.

It's listed as a complementary feed as opposed to a complete feed, so I would guess it is given as a treat. Price doesn't seem too bad to me, when a 10KG bag of SS cost me about £19. Not sure what the point is of giving a complementary feed unless it has added vitamins etc, that are not in a complete food.
All rabbit feed should be described as complimentary as they need hay and/or grass as part of their diet. :wave:
I didn't mean that like you didn't know they need hay, just saying why it's complimentary. Wasn't sure if it might come across wrong :oops:

Dont you think the protein level on A&P is a bit low, at 12%? Fibre is good at 23%, less than SS Adult though. But then breeder and grower is 15.5% protein, so thats a bit high and is only 18% fibre which I think is lower than I'd like.

Dont you think the protein level on A&P is a bit low, at 12%? Fibre is good at 23%, less than SS Adult though. But then breeder and grower is 15.5% protein, so thats a bit high and is only 18% fibre which I think is lower than I'd like.

I feed breeder grower to my frenchies. :)

My lot lost weight on A&P. Some do fine but it is something to keep an eye on.

Mine too - I swapped off it again because I found they all lost condition, even when accompanied with other forage/veg. I don't know exactly what it is about its nutritional balance that didn't suit, but it is definitely something to watch out for as I've heard and seen it many times with A&P, in the same way that I hear and see about excess caecatrophs many times with Excel. Every bun is different and thrives on a slightly different diet, but there do definitely seem to be some trends which are more common with some foods than others, and this does seem to be one of them.

Yup same here, It's changed since I used to use it years ago:( I used to swear by it, but now they are losing condition.
I think I am going to try the old fashioned way of a mix of oats, barley and wheat all rolled as I have the facilities to mix my own and roll it. I only feed mine a small amount to supplement their forage and at least this way I will know EXACTLY what they are eating;)

Yup same here, It's changed since I used to use it years ago:( I used to swear by it, but now they are losing condition.
I think I am going to try the old fashioned way of a mix of oats, barley and wheat all rolled as I have the facilities to mix my own and roll it. I only feed mine a small amount to supplement their forage and at least this way I will know EXACTLY what they are eating;)

You'd have to add a vitamin and mineral supplement as well, I think, although I know you feed a lot of forage.

Looking at one of the other feeds which they also say they feed it looks like it is a mix and with such a low fibre content I would avoid. Another reason I would avoid is that they are a breeder :cry:

I bought from there once and wont ever again as her customer service was shocking!! I just wanted some odeas for toys :)

Back