• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going to miss my baby's

I<3Rabbits

Mama Doe
:( I'm going on holiday on Friday for a week and I am going to miss my rabbits (jack and acorn) so much.My Mum, Dad and my other siblings don't see what the big deal is.They are like, they are just rabbits.My brother just thinks I'm sad because my life pretty much revolves around my rabbits.Even though I can't wait to go on holiday :p I'm don't want to leave them.Im am now going to write a very detailed instructions list for my auntie because she is looking after them for me.Thank god she lives close so we don't have to move them and make them stressed :(

I totally understand how you feel. I am always anxious about leaving Julie. I agree that having someone come in makes it less stressful for them. I leave a ton of detailed instructions for her care also although because she is now elderly and on meds I don't think that I will be going on anymore holidays.

its a worry isnt it...write your list as simple as oyu can..points of care that she needs to follow...like:

1) clean litter trays: new litter is in (etc)
2) Refresh hay
3) refresh waterbowls and bottles
4) check bunny bums (obviously only if she knows how ot handle them and thet are used to this)

Try make the list be as routine for the buns as usual so they have less change.

Also - I found it helped if I placed an eggcup or size container that youd usually use into the pellet bin - so the person knows to give one scoop etc per bun...people always give too much pellets otherwise. Saying a handfull etc confuses people.

Also write the vets numbers and address on a clear sheet and attach to the fridge door..somewhere its easy to see.
I also phoned my vets to let them know I was away and the person who was looking after the buns.

Hope this helps..its a worry to leave them I know..I am the same...but Im sure they will be just fine :p hope you have a lovely holiday;)

I totally understand how you feel. I am always anxious about leaving Julie. I agree that having someone come in makes it less stressful for them. I leave a ton of detailed instructions for her care also although because she is now elderly and on meds I don't think that I will be going on anymore holidays.

Thanks for understanding how I feel, and I hope you do find someone willing to look after your buns so you can go on holiday. :D

its a worry isnt it...write your list as simple as oyu can..points of care that she needs to follow...like:

1) clean litter trays: new litter is in (etc)
2) Refresh hay
3) refresh waterbowls and bottles
4) check bunny bums (obviously only if she knows how ot handle them and thet are used to this)

Try make the list be as routine for the buns as usual so they have less change.

Also - I found it helped if I placed an eggcup or size container that youd usually use into the pellet bin - so the person knows to give one scoop etc per bun...people always give too much pellets otherwise. Saying a handfull etc confuses people.

Also write the vets numbers and address on a clear sheet and attach to the fridge door..somewhere its easy to see.
I also phoned my vets to let them know I was away and the person who was looking after the buns.

Hope this helps..its a worry to leave them I know..I am the same...but Im sure they will be just fine :p hope you have a lovely holiday;)

Thanks for helping and understanding me :D

Aw I know the feeling! I really miss my girls when I have to leave them for a holiday.

(On the other hand, they don't really seem to care!)

Back