• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Birthday/Gotcha Day Starbuck! 5 today! Also Remembering Fay.

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
3 years ago today we adopted Starbuck via an RU member after he had been taken to the vets as a stray bunny! I fell in love with him straight away and remember the day that he came home to live with us so clearly. As some of you may know from his other thread, he has been poorly just lately with a middle ear abscess and pseudomona infection, but luckily thanks to a referral to Richard Saunders at Bristol he has been fortunate to have an operation earlier this week and it has gone as well as it could have done. I was so worried about him as he is a sensitive little chap, and being deaf he seems to be in his own little world sometimes but my brave little soldier has fought through it and is coming home, today, his Gotcha Day!! Words cannot express how relieved and happy I am that he got through the operation and is coming home to his creature comforts today!

So happy birthday my little buzzing bee!! Love you lots!

MuesandStarbRunJuly2012006.jpg

MuesandStarbRunJuly2012029.jpg

MuesandStarbRunJuly2012048.jpg

And also not forgetting our beautiful Fay, who went to the Bridge on 29/02/2012, but who shares a Gotcha Day with Starbuck. We adopted them from two separate places on the exact same day, with the intention of bonding them together. Sadly the bond didn't work out but Fay lived her days with her wonderful husbun Kenco. We are so grateful we had Fay in our lives, she was such a special girl, full of personality and so so strong after her early ordeal. We were heartbroken the day we had to say goodbye, but although she is gone, she will never be forgotten and I will always treasure the time we had together.

Thinking of you today Miss Fay and wish you were still here so much.

GardenBunniesandTomatoesOctober2011041.jpg

Happy gotcha Day Starbuck - get over that operation quickly...

Sorry about Fay - but she looked so happy in her forever home - she's probably still binkying away like mad!

Thank you all :D So pleased to have him home!

Happy gotcha Day Starbuck - get over that operation quickly...

Sorry about Fay - but she looked so happy in her forever home - she's probably still binkying away like mad!

Thank you, that's a lovely thing to say - yes I am sure she is still binkying at the Bridge :love:

Happy Birthday to Starbuck! :love: So glad to hear he is home and recuperating. What a brave wee soldier he is! :)

Also thinking of and fondly remembering Fay. As long as she is in your heart she is binkying there every day. (((((((Hugs))))))))

Back