• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My lovely new Luna! (pics)

MillyAlice

Warren Scout
Hi :wave:
I'd like you all to meet Luna. She was bonded to Jasper last week and, fingers crossed, it's going rather well so far! I've found it difficult to be hands-off when I just want to pick her up and snuggle her. She came to us from the Rabbit Residence near Royston, who rescued her just over a month ago from a small, filthy hutch containing AT LEAST TEN rabbits. The owners just didn't care. There were intact bucks and does, dead babies... She was either pregnant or had a phantom pregnancy when they found her.
Despite that, she's a beautiful, calm girl, who understandably still isn't quite ready to trust humans, but seems to love Jasper! They've been grooming, sleeping next to each other, and generally being lovely.
Incredibly, she's already taught Jasper some good habits when it comes to eating plenty of hay... The amount she eats is incredible! Poor baby's probably still not used to not having to fight for it :cry:
I can't wait to be able to get to know her better, but for now, it's all about Jasper and Luna, falling deeper in love. Not sure the OH and I could be more in love with them :love:
IMG_02941.jpg

IMG_03301.jpg

Luna the superbun!
IMG_03071.jpg

Sorry the photos aren't great, snapping away on my phone!

The way that she is laid out in the 2nd photo she looks all relaxed and content like she just loves it there.:love::love:

I was really excited when she did it the first time, I can't believe how laid back she is. We bought a little kennel to replace our cage as a more suitable bolthole, and I haven't seen them use it :roll: luckily they seem happier flopped out in the middle of the pen!

:love::love:
How fab that she is teaching her hubby good hay eating habits :D
May she have a happy life with you guys that completely erases her bad start!

That's the plan KB! I know it'll take time to get her to be our friend, it did with Jasper. But I've been really good, and resisted the urge to nom that white tip on her ear :love:

The way that she is laid out in the 2nd photo she looks all relaxed and content like she just loves it there.:love::love:

I thought the same when I saw this photo.

Lovely to hear she has settled so well. When we got Alfie as a husbun for violet he really brought her out of her shell. Up to that point she had been quite a shy bun, but she was soon more confident. I find it fascinating how one bun can influence another in such short time.
I bet she thinks she has won the lottery!

Aww I love the way she is laid down in the second picture, so cute! :love:

I can't wait to get Peter a ladyfriend, I'm sure he would make a lovely playmate :love:

Back