• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Seymour Carrots isn't doing so well/ Sleep tight little man xx

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:( He has been drinking and weeing more and more as time progresses. He had 2 blood tests over an 8 week period both showed his liver/kidneys to be fine :? But today his face is constantly wet :( so he is off to the vets again in the morning. Poor old man :cry: as the temp is dropping a lot at the weekend we are going to bring him inside for winter. It also means we should hopefully be able to keep him a little drier as at the moment his hutch is dripping every day so it will freeze if we leave him out :(

I have seen this wet face thing before and the out come was never good, so am really worried

P1030675.jpg

P1030678.jpg

Last edited:
Poor chap :(. I hope it's not as bad as you think and that he rallies a little. What causes the wet face?

Poor chap :(. I hope it's not as bad as you think and that he rallies a little. What causes the wet face?

It is from his drinking, so in the past it has usually been end stage kidney failure. I have also seen it in one of our lops who had severe arthritis of the spine which was putting pressure on the bladder and causing constant weeing and therefore made her drink continually :(

Shadow often had a wet face from drinking, he seemed to put his chin right in the bowl whenever he had a drink, he produced a huge amount of wee too. It was quite upsetting knowing he wasn't right but not being able to help him.

I hope you get some answers as to why and even better, ways to improve his life.

I'm very sorry to see he isn't doing so well. :( I have such a soft spot for him. Will be thinking of him in the morning. xxx

Poor Seymour :cry: Sending huge amounts of vibes for him ...
((((((((((((((((((((vibes)))))))))))))))))))))))
I keep thinking of the pix you posted of him getting into the shredded carrots when he thought you weren't looking. He's such a dear. :love:

Seymour saw the vet first thing this morning. They could find nothing obviously wrong to give us an indication of any treatment we could start to help him :eek:( We don't want to bloods again just yet as he has had so many done and we don't want to risk knocking him out for x-rays especially when we have no idea what we are looking for given how old and frail he is. He is eating and his weight is stable so all we can really do for now is make him as comfy as possible and spoil him rotten as he heads towards the end of his life. Of course if any new symptoms appear we will get him straight back to the vets

Thankfully he loves everything and is good hay eater. I think because he was abandoned and starved he is very food orientated x

Thankfully he loves everything and is good hay eater. I think because he was abandoned and starved he is very food orientated x

I was wondering if that might be the case with him. It's awful to think of him suffering for most of his life, but it sounds like he is really doing well for such an elderly lad. There is just something so endearing about him, I have his postcard on my wardrobe door. xx

That's lovely xx

He has put on 200 grams while he has been with us which isn't bad for such an old boy. I am looking forward to bringing him inside, I hope we get to have some cuddles

Awww...sweet Seymour :love:
I'm certain he's going to love being a spoilt housebun under your loving care. :) All your bunnies are so fortunate to have you. :D

Back