• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are they contented or miserable?

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
Since Bear and Alice have been bonded, they don't seem to DO much!
Bear used to run around like a nutter, binky, climb on the sofa lots, demolish cardboard boxes in seconds and strip wallpaper.
But now they just sit in my dining room, sometimes together sometimes not. Occasionally they will chew on their chew mat, but mostly their just lazy and sit still!
I was thinking that now they were together there contented and not bored to don't need to do the above things, but my OH made a comment about them being miserable and now its really made me think.... :(

Well I hope they're contented because they sound just like my 2! They have a lovely big hutch with run area and runaround tunnel to outside run with lots of toys etc but ...they just sit - often side by side, sometimes on their own.
The only time they get animated is when I top up their hay or come with food. Sure they're absolutely fine.

Exactly the same with my four! I put it down to the fact that they are just so contented and laid back! They all sit on my dining room chairs and snooze till feed time....except when I let them outside, when they do the odd binky! But mine are middle aged now lol so I don't blame them for wanting to take it easy :lol:

edited to say that if I lay some old towels on the floor, then they will all just flop out on the towels together to snooze!

Mine do nothing but 'chill out' either, I was quite worried at one point but have come to the conclusion they are just lazy!!

Since Bear and Alice have been bonded, they don't seem to DO much!
Bear used to run around like a nutter, binky, climb on the sofa lots, demolish cardboard boxes in seconds and strip wallpaper.
But now they just sit in my dining room, sometimes together sometimes not. Occasionally they will chew on their chew mat, but mostly their just lazy and sit still!
I was thinking that now they were together there contented and not bored to don't need to do the above things, but my OH made a comment about them being miserable and now its really made me think.... :(

B&G are the same, 80% of the time. Sit around etc, but remember, rabbits are mostly active and dusk and dawn, so you may well just not see what they are doing as you are likely in bed.

I know, via use of a webcam, that at around 4am, these two are absolutely nuts at times!

Mine are the same....especially Boris! Before he was bonded with Bella he was a right monkey who loved to explore things (and chew them :roll:) but since getting a companion he's quite content just sitting on the rug cuddling :) He's still nosey and inquisitive, but usually when it's playtime he'll run around for a while and then beg to be let back into their room :lol: Bella is a little bit more adventurous (actually a lot more...:lol:), she's anything but lazy and runs around like a crazy thing in the evening, tries to escape regularly etc.....but she's a bit younger as well so I think that might have something to do with it. He's 5 and she's 3. She is also not spayed.

B&G are the same, 80% of the time. Sit around etc, but remember, rabbits are mostly active and dusk and dawn, so you may well just not see what they are doing as you are likely in bed.

I know, via use of a webcam, that at around 4am, these two are absolutely nuts at times!

This :) When my buns have been single they were more destructive and noisy. Since bonding and having someone to snuggle with they have become more quiet and content, favouring cosy corners instead, much like us humans :lol:

Floppy is lazy by himself but when his wee bunny girlfriend comes, he can still be as lazy as he likes because he wont be lonely!,!!!!......

Back