• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Choosing a new rabbit advise

Rabbit86

New Kit
Due to loosing my rabbit Peter last week, I've decided to get another one as his mate is ever so lonely.
I've phoned the local rspca where I got pete from and I'm going tomorrow to have a look, they have two neutered males, they are currently not vaccinated so I have said I will pay for the vaccine but I would want to bring them home until its taken effect (how long is it until its taken effect with the new combo) as we have a few mossies round here due to a lake nearby so do not want to risk it.
Both the boys I'm going to look at are Netherland dwarf crosses it says on the website, as I've only ever had lion head (Peter) and a French lop (girl) is there anything I should be aware of with their breed?

I heard that they can be more prone to dental issues due to haveing such little heads. ask whether their vet has inspected the teeth maybe?

Nethies are small and quick :) They need lots of room (just like any bunny, but nethies seem to be very, very active!). All buns will be different, but my nethie is very friendly and loves nose rubs :)

belgian2 is right, they can be prone to dental problems. They have been bred to be small, and that includes their little flat faces, so sometimes their teeth can need attention. My nethie is 5, and up until this year had no problems at all with his teeth. Just this year, he has started needing regular dentals. Don't let this put you off though, as really any rabbit can end up having dental issues. If one of these boys seems like he is the right bunny for your other bunny, then it would be lovely to give him a home :)

Back