• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wet feet!!

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
Bear and Alice use a cat litter tray filled with newspaper and hay as their litter tray, I change it morning and evening. It just doesn't seem to be very absorbent though and sometimes they get wet feet, then jump up on my leather sofa :shock:
And ideas on what else I could use? I've tried putting down 2 trays instead of 1 so it wouldn't get so wet but they would only use the 1 in their crate.
Also to make it more complicated still Bear is quite sensitive and has allergies to a lot of things!

Again layer of wood or paper based cat litter between the paper and the hay? They paper passed ones especially should be ok with an allergic bun, but in my experience the paper based ones are not quite as absorbent.

Good luck!

Hi Honeybear

We use Biocatolet with our 2 bunnies - it seems to work very well for us. We cover it with cheap hay so they have something to nibble on whilst doing their business - and the trays are also by their hay racks as well. We change the litter every 2 days and it all seems to work fine (the 2 bunnies aren't bonded and have seperate litter trays) - certainly no wet paws.

Back