• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jessica +Dermot-U/D Post 29

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
She's almost 8, found collapsed, cold and unresponsive

Emergency treatment given and will call C at 8.30am

:cry:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone

Just spoken with Laura (Vet) and she is happy for me to continue treating Jessica and that nothing will be gained by me transporting Jessica to the surgery. Laura and C have said they trust and have confidence in my ability to manage Jessica at home and that I can call them out if needed.

Jessica is now on intensive treatment for an acute upper respiratory tract infection with secondary gut stasis and hypothermia :cry:

She has an uphill battle on her paws today :cry:

Jessica is doing a bit better now that she has warmed up, she is having warmed Hartmanns subcutaneously and this has been of great help I think. It was such a shock to find her in such a bad way. Jessica has always been a robust Rabbit and apart from an episode of bloat due to too much readigrass and one Dental she has never really been ill over the last 7.5 years. She went from fine to almost dead within about 7 hours.

I just hope that she will continue to show signs of improvement over the next few hours. At least I know C and Laura are available if we need them

Will be thinking of you both - hope she pulls through! Lucky bunny having someone with so much knowledge!

Back